1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Paul George Traded to Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 6, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, LBJ hasn't played at a high level for a while now? You mean for one season, a season he threw in the towel on because the Lakers were always forfeiting the previous season?

AD always forfeited the season, the NBA had to force the Pels to play him, he wasn't really hurt.

SWTsig likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People really underestimating the depth of other teams and the Rockets haven't done a single thing to get better.

Cp3 aging is going to sink this team like an anchor. People talking about LBJs injuries while ignoring CP3 hasn't played a full season in 4 years...can we really withstand another 20+ game absence from CP3 in the West?

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Uh... sure! We will see. For now, I disagree. Rivers has his work cut out for him.

4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

How about the season where he took like an one month sabbatical?

5. amaru

amaru Member

He’s a hell of a coach and I bet he’s up for the challenge. I’d agree with you Mike was their coach lol

6. Asian Sensation

It doesn’t matter how great Harden is in the regular season or how many games we win.

Ask yourself this.... can you honestly see James Harden beating Lebron James in the playoffs?

No. Never.

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Yes, I can and do actually. It's obvious that you don't though. You have been a Harden hater since day 1. You wanted to trade him for Lilliard, an indisputably worse player.

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This does not mean what you think it means.

HP3 likes this.
  9. Theking

Theking Member

Sources brousard can suck a bad of dicks.. 65% lakers he says.. 35% toronto.. ummm yea.. right as always

luckyman76 and malakas like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And still took his team to the Finals right? He takes breaks, probably why he's able to still be an all-nba player at age 34.

Just before signing with the Lakers he was a finalist for the MVP, that was last year, not 3 years ago. Seeing him play with the Lakers, look at his numbers, look at his play, the games he played he was still very much Lebron James. The load is now easier because now he has Anthony Davis to share the weight with. I wouldn't underestimate his greatness.

I'm not underestimating HArden's greatness...but he doesn't have much help, the role players are nice, but we all know he needs someone that can consistently carry games alongside him, he doesn't have it.

11. amaru

amaru Member

I think the Rockets did a pretty good job given the circumstances. I hate to say it but after Paul came back from the hamstring injury in Miami, I noticed he didn’t have that same bounce from the first year. We likely shot our last championship load in 2018. We were so close....one hamstring smh. Hate to see it!

JayGoogle and harold bingo like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I absolutely can.

13. amaru

amaru Member

Not with Old Man River and Dumbtoni

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dunno, there were couple of sources that had the Clips ruled out big time......well they did not know about Paul George.

Theking and amaru like this.
  15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Our debate basically comes down to this, when LBJ gets hurt or takes his breaks, can the injury prone AD be counted on to carry his team. History has shown no. This puts Harden in the same boat as LBJ and I am willing to bet on the much younger Harden in that dogfight.

That's what happens when you play in the EAST. Guess where he is now?

I would argue that Harden has as much help as LBJ.

16. Asian Sensation

I never wanted to trade him for Lillard. Just as much as Houston wouldn’t want to trade Harden for Lillard... Portland wouldn’t make that trade either.

Prepare to be disappointed. Again. If you honestly think we’re beating the Lakers next year if the playoffs started tomorrow with everyone healthy and no other roster changes on either side.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You dun want to end up arguing with him, he is a hard arse.

18. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Freaking bunch of whiny losers in here. Grow a pair and realize we have a great team. we are just as effing good as it is as anyone. We are going to add a player or two. Calm the eff down

HP3, jcmoon, Rockets Rule and 4 others like this.
  19. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

We have gotten worse? LOLOLOLOLOL

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I love Harden but I'd bet on Lebron. What he did with those Cleveland teams is a testament that he can carry almost garbage to become championship level. Not a knock on Harden, they are both all-time greats, but Lebron is a level beyond that.

AD can carry his team past regular season games, Lebron can and will do the rest.

This isn't even counting the other teams in the west. They got better. Maybe it won't work out on paper, we'll see, but right now they look much better.

The only way I will be proven wrong is if Capela continues to develop AND CP3 returns to 2017-18 form.

Right now those teams are just better