1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Paul George Traded to Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 6, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Clearly? I dunno. Not to say I don’t fully expect both LA teams to be favorites over us for title odds going into the season, but I actually think this makes the West even more wide open. Had he gone with the Lakers it would be a different story.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

3. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

OKC and LAC, two top tier front offices and ownerships at work. While we are here sitting on our asses

4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Harden since becoming a Houston Rocket.

[​IMG]

5. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Well if we’re not going to win at least Beverley and Trez will. Love those guys. Bev is one of my favorite Rockets ever

jcmoon likes this.
  6. Exiled

Exiled Member

Rest button:
    Fire Morey
    Trade Harden
    Sign Lin&Asik

7. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

They really only made one mistake in the history of their Franchise, a terrible one that cost them a dynasty. They've made make great moves. When cupcake ditched them, they were in a really terrible situation, no cap room, no good draft pick, no young asset. Then they somehow acquired PG from nowhere and converted him into great assets for future building. Sam Presti is a great GM, if he had a little more budget with the former owner, he would have built a dynasty.

malakas and amaru like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is this a joke? Just saw it. Insane is too mild a word for sending 4 unprotected 1st round picks. That’s just beyond the pale. I didn’t make it past page 1. Is that on the level?

BMoney and RudyTBag like this.
  9. dshay7

dshay7 Member

Kawhi is The Godfather. Wins a chip, goes to his hometown and gets OKC to gift wrap PG13. Plus, he flirted with the Lakers just long enough to cause them to miss out on some key free agents. Dude is like a silent puppet master pulling strings over the whole league.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Christ. Patrick Beverley, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George. That could be an R-rated defense. Throw in Trez and you got an all-tenacious team. Not to mention SGA... *sigh*

11. Ratman

Ratman Member

Man, kawhi and Pg guarding harden 48 minutes a game?? We need another scorer man...

lw17, Bearded13 and amaru like this.
  12. ReturnOfTheMac

Westbrook on the trade block next?

rockets94-95, Jturbofuel and jch1911 like this.
  13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Or Jerry West is.... remember Clips sent people to all of the Raptors games IIRC.

14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Plus they may still have enough for Boogie (or D. Green) and re-sign Jy Green

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I’m just happy he’s not on the Lakers! West will be a bloodbath again but there’s no GSW level team

lw17 and malakas like this.
  16. thekad

thekad Member

It’s actually hilarious how little the Rockets have done this offseason. You’ve just gotta laugh at this point.

OtisHerrera and pippendagimp like this.
  17. dshay7

dshay7 Member

Still doesn’t happen unless Kawhi wants it to. He could’ve signed with a number of teams. No doubt, though, West is a boss.

jch1911 likes this.
  18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I would think so, because there is no way they are close to a contender anytime soon. The question I have is if they hit on those picks and they turn into stars like they did with Durant, Westbrook, and Harden will ownership be more willing to pay to keep them together or will they be in this same predicament again. We know OKC is one of the smallest markets in the league and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

19. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

They have the best duo in the NBA, hands down. If CP3 and Lebron can be 2-3 years younger, I would say Harden/Paul, Lebron/AD are comparable, but they are too old now.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Im not going to argue with you about a team who coulda had three MVP's on their team is dumb... thats dumb.

D-rock likes this.
  21. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Vivi and D-rock like this.