1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj on Sportscenter "Rockets are recruiting Jimmy Butler hard and might have a deal with him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 25, 2019.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You guys are nothing but homers if you don't believe Miami and Riley will be able to make the moves to sign Butler. It won't be any harder than it would be for us.

jerryclark, saleem, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hey your catching on.

Better late then never buddy!

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Super easy to

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Goran Dragic is a 33-year-old PG (a position where speed is at a premium), and his advanced numbers were bad last year. And it's not a one-year blip... look at his trend lines in PER, TS%, WS/48, BPM, VORP, etc. He is absolutely NOT a "plus" player anymore. I think a lot of fans like him because of the name and his history (especially here), and may not be aware of the recent slippage.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dragigo01.html

Now, in this loaded FA class... you're asking someone IN WEEK ONE to commit $20 million in cap space to him. And the only potential sweetener Miami could offer is a pick 4 years from now.

I'm not saying Miami definitely can't trade him into cap space, because all it takes is one team. But I also wouldn't assume they can.

5. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Look man I hope you are right and that it is too difficult for MIA to find a team to take on Dragic.

Maybe Dallas prefers Bev. Indy wants Rubio. Phoenix goes after Rozier.

@ThatBoyNick laid out a few realistic options. It’s more productive to debate the feasibility of those options than to continue to be a dismissive prick

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Nothing is real until it's official. As Rockets fans we shouldn't be trippin over Jimmy Butler lol

Patience likes this.
  7. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

The Luka-Dragic pairing has to be enticing to Dallas since Kemba isn’t an option and Bev has many suitors.

Added bonus is that it ensures HOU doesn’t get Butler

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Uhh only on cf’s where someone can claim a deal is super easy yet in reality it’s not and you get offended. That’s the incredibly dumb part but yeah it’s going to be super easy. Yet another reminder. But hey instead of saying ok well it’s probably not that easy he’ll double down and call someone a dumbass for posting refuting statements that clearly say there’s plenty of challenging hurdles in order to get butler to Miami.

So we’ll either wait for the I told you so’s or a bunch of I’m glad I was wrong posts. I’ll bet on the latter

#528 YOLO, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    xaos likes this.
  9. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

It’s actually much harder for them since they’re already above the hard cap and cannot be above that acquiring a snt player. So not only do they have to comply with BYC rules to acquire him. But they have to get below the apron as well. They also have less desirable contracts to dump unless they’re ok with losing get all their young guys and waiting 1-2 years for meaningnful cap to surround a 32/33 year old butler.

Hey can do it. But the path is as hard if not harder for them then us.

jch1911 likes this.
  10. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

How about you investigate the players they are trying to unload money wise and get back to me? Dragic is essentially ryan anderson contract right now. He hasnt been good. They will have a much harder time moving players. They have no picks in the near future to even trade

ryano2009 and YOLO like this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I don’t think butler was going to be the answer anyway tbh. This is a lose-lose. Get butler and have no depth, or have depth and not enough star power.

I know they try hard, but this front office has just failed. It’s as simple as that. We had a very short window that was slammed shut by cp3s hamstring, and boarded up and nailed by his age and huge contract. It’s over

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not to be negative because Morey can make a trade work I'm sure but whose to say Butler won't say he wants L.A. or NYC after a Miami trade can't be agreed on? I say we move on if Jimmy doesn't really want to be here but if he does then make the trade. It's that simple.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You know, my boy @Dream Shook knows exactly what is going to happen. Somebody in the NBA will help Miami, but of course, nobody will help the Rockets.

DreamShook and seeingred like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

The minute he cancels Houston’s meeting is the only sign they need

xaos and amaru like this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

You’re just cheering for the Rockets to fail so you can be smug! :mad:o_O

Patience and ryano2009 like this.
  16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

And that’s what we will wait on. Shams and Woj just said he yesterday that he would look teams with cap space like the Clippers and Lakers. This isn’t just about Houston.. after all of this waiting for his free agency to hit and he wants to bypass all of the other meetings? We’ll see.

RichieBanks and YOLO like this.
  17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Delete

xaos likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

no space in @DreamShook

Doesn't matter how hard it is for Miami, The NBA will make it work. That stuff never happens for the Rockets even if it is easy. Nobody cooperates with the Rockets. That third team talk always makes me nervous when it comes to the Rockets. Getting the 2nd team is already difficult enough.

Gray_Jay, saleem and ElPigto like this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is that supposed to be an insult?

I am proudly a Houston Rockets, TX homer! Now and forever!

jch1911 and DreamShook like this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

It reads like the truth to me, not an insult.