1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj on Sportscenter "Rockets are recruiting Jimmy Butler hard and might have a deal with him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 25, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@amaru rooting for the Rockets to fail so his smug level can reach 9000.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

my hope is dwindling

Lord give me a sign *DMX voice*

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Far from it. Butler is a baller but he seems flaky to me. I just shake my head because ALOT of people seem to be rooting against him coming to Houston for whatever reason. They bash Harden, Morey, Dantoni , the organization and then they throw in the he's from the area. But the Rockets should embrace that black hat man, because they are a hated bunch.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Lol @ you guys believing this garbage. How many times can you be suckered into the same thing ?

amaru likes this.
  5. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

This, and has it been confirmed that he has significant beef with his family that still lives here, as some posters here have mentioned over the last few weeks of this circus? If so, then why on Earth would he come here and move himself right next to them?

I'd love to see him in a Rockets uniform, even after all of the General Soreness jokes and other diva behavior. But if he wasn't going to come because he can't get along with his family, then why waste the time?

amaru likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

As far as I know, Jimmy doesn't really get along with his mom. I don't think his dad was ever in the picture. From what I know, his biological mother isn't the most stable person. She kicked him out of the house when he was 13 because she "didn't like the way he looked."

He was taken in by another family in Tomball when he was in high school. That's his family. Think along the terms of The Blind Side. It's basically exactly what it is.

I don't know much about him, other than I know a bunch of people in Tomball. I have a friend that grew up on the same street but is a few years older.

I think Jimmy still has strong roots there to his new family, though. I'm not totally sure, to be honest.

Gray_Jay and RudyTBag like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And there it is.

Gray_Jay, Fantasma Negro and Vivi like this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

9000 was a dub mistranslation o_O

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Just have to hope he’s being a homer / has bad info at this point. If this is true Houston has no chance, Miami has better pieces than Houston.

amaru likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

Tim Reynolds is saying that Butler is expected to meet with Miami officials tonight and express a desire to play for them.

Look I want Butler to pick us too but when there is this much smoke, there’s usually a fire nearby.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh well

Houston will never be South Beach or LA. Never gonna have players lining up to play here. Just gotta hope Morey continues to swing big in trades and find gems for cheap.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

amaru likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

Or find players committed to winning first. That doesn’t seem to be Butler’s priority.

True Rocket likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I can assure you that your basically right. He has beef with his biological family and their friends but he still has ties and reason to come back to Tomball/Houston. He still reps his town and has family and friends here.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

what in the world does wade have to do with anything lol. dude just retired.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Very embarrassing saga for Morey and Co.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

Cool, Morey can get that Capela trade rolling and fix the rockets with some ****ing common sense

amaru likes this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

Clutch is cheering for the Rockets to fail! o_O

20. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lol what culture do they have?

Gray_Jay likes this.