1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Morey's package good, DEN don't want deal in WC, HOU bright future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 1, 2011.

1. rockettexan24

rockettexan24 Member

WOW seriously, you seriously just said that, this is a great city, just because the lamestream media likes to hype up New York or Miami, doesn't make them great, the only real negative is that the sports fans are to emo most of the time, but the food, cost of living, and decent job market more then make up for that.

2. Raven

Raven Member

Fool's gold.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

At the same time, if the Rockets continue to win and a guy like Chase Budinger shows that he can really play, then the Rockets can sell Bud + whatever pick(s) they end up with to try to move up.

4. liljojo

liljojo Member

No I'm saying the opposite. OKC and Cleveland are cities that nobody wants to live in. Houston is one of the most livable cities in the US, which is my point.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I actually think the rockets are in a better position than they have been in awhile. Its not finished,but they have the right concepts. They actually have the picks and players to fill a void if a team like orlando decides to do what Utah did. They also should have some money for the 2nd free agent.

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I imagine there were few people happier than you when we traded Battier for Thabeet and a pick. ;)

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Why not Dwight? He and Kevin Martin have the same agent in Dan Fegan. It was the reason why Orlando tried to trade Gortat for Martin in the first place. Their agent want to pair them together.

8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Woj was interviewed by a HOUSTON sports radio station. What do you expect him to say? That the Rox offers suck and players ain't attractive? I don't think so.

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I'm sure he was being polite but at the same time I doubt he would straight up lie like that. He is one of the few sports writers I'll follow... even if he had negative things to say about the Rockets.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Dwight Howard on the Rockets would literally be THE PERFECT FIT. Our entire roster is build to fit Yao Ming. Center position is by far our weakest spot(hence the biggest upgrade with DH). Our offense is incredible, despite having holes at two positions.

Basically, Houston can offer two things. One, Howard can come in and instantly be "The Man" on a championship contender. And two, Houston provides an upgrade in terms of city life, the same lack of state taxes, and lack of stressful LA/NY type of a life. The downside would of course be that we're not one of the top markets.

The only other contenders I can see for Dwight Howard's service IMO is Boston, whose big 3 will all expire together. I think we have a shot. Not a great one. But legit enough Morey needs to go for it. What's the downside? That we'll actually suck for certain and rebuild alltogether?

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

I think we have already planted the seeds of inception.

1. Houston's legacy and tradition of great centers should be attractive.

2. Howard's sensei calls Houston home.

3. Howard's best friend is currently our backup SG. Maybe starter if Howard comes here?

12. thekad

thekad Member

How long have we been in a position to land a star? Morey missed out how many times now? Let's face the facts. Stars don't want to play here.

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

While I agree the Rockets would instantly be a contender with Dwight, I'm not sure if he'll be able to see that since we don't have another superstar.

You'd have to go into pretty great detail on how the Rockets would be a contender, whereas other teams can just say you'd be teamed up with this all-star.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

He also share the same agent as both Lee and Martin, in case you want to go conspiracy theory. So if there could be any sort of collusion, this time it would actually work well for us.

The ability to sign one? Zero. NY and Miami both were able to "threaten" the stars' original teams via straight signing. Houston could not have done that.So the answer is ZERO.

Also zero. Bosh/Lebron/Wade colluded, so while it seemed like we had a chance. We didn't. Amare was going to sign in NY and Phoenix didn't even let us give him a physical. So he was never really an option. And Denver/Utah were never going to trade with western conference teams. So Morey never had a chance to begin with.

Compared to New York or three stars colluding together to play somewhere? I agree. But NY's used up all its capspace and trade chips. LA is way over the luxury tax and Kobe can only play for so long. Chicago has no more room and needs to give Rose a raise anyway soon. Like I said, Boston would be the major market against us. And it's pretty cold up there.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Basically it all depends on how Dwight views Kevin Martin. The truth is, if Martin was on Orlando right now putting up the same stats, he'd be a no-brainer "just-below-superstar" status. Also, the Rockets are #5 in offense right now. And they have done so with Battier at the 3 and Hayes at the 5. Morey really needs to sell him on our offensive firepower. As for defense, he really is a one-man wrecking crew.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

And by keeping CLee, we can use his best friend to lobby him. KMartin, Clee, Lowry, and Dragic (assuming he takes the next step), is a solid NBA back court. We certaintly have to upgrade the 3 or 4 position in the offseason (through trade). With a key piece at the 3 or 4, Martin, the rest of our depth in the backcourt, added to that Dwight Howard, we become a contender in the West.

17. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

uh.. read it again?

18. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

Don't forget his best buddy plays for us: CLee

19. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I don't know why people keep saying nobody values our assets. The reports have said that Utah didn't want to send DWill to Western Conference team and Denver didn't either. I doubt NOH would want to send CP3 to a team in the same division.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can always hope NY starts losing. We'll just flip picks even if we're in the playoffs.

NOLA is now owned by the NBA. I'm positive they would be willing to sell off pieces for lots of picks and cheap young players. It makes the team easier to sell because of the salaries and picks.

#40 REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011