1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) MDA has ended contract talks with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 30, 2019.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have no idea, but I think it makes as much sense as anything I've read in this thread.

ryan_98 likes this.
  2. rocketsmetalspd

I can see MDA not being the coach at the start of season. Rockets will be revamp team come the end of this Summer. Can't wait to see what the organization does this Summer to get this franchise back to getting a Chip! H-Town Crazy! Go Rockets!!

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Man. MDA is basically saying that we can either run it back on this lame duck deal, or we can change things up with an extension.

Tilman is running this organization like a fish and chip shop. I wish we were a fish and chip shop because he's actually good at making those work.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Airing this out in public is strange. I’m with @cyberx

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't care where Cyber hears his rumors from, unless Morey told him that directly I don't believe it.

That isn't how Morey operates and Tilman isn't a cheap owner who won't fire a coach.

BamBam and YOLO like this.
  7. smp

smp Member

I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I did rip him for not spending into the luxury tax this year and acting like it was an accident. Haha.

But let’s see what he can make happen. He bought the team and left it alone last year for the most part. He wasn’t impressed by their accomplishments and wants to make damn sure everyone knows it and stays on their toes. He certainly deserves that right as a new owner. He has to set expectations and make sure there’s know question about who the boss really is. It’s a wake up call from the top down. Personally, I like it. We will see how it plays out.

lilbird20 likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Tilman has no problem firing a coach.

As for firing all of the assistants, it can't be stressed enough that they only fired defensive coaches that DAntoni didn't pick to begin with.

9. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Reading the quotes and seeing the quotes are so different. It doesn’t feel right.

10. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

[​IMG]
    :p

11. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

What are the chances that you see of them firing MDA this offseason?

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Really, offering him less than Stotts and Casey?

13. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

[​IMG]

J.R. likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

cyberx donning the Infinity Gauntlet with all 5 stones set to slap people with info now ... lol. :D

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

'zactly

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Boy if people thought mda gave guys too many minutes, they haven’t seen anything yet

Rasheed and justtxyank like this.
  17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then folks you have yourself a duck. What you are seeing is disarray brought on by a lack of playoff success coupled with an organization that has painted itself into the perverbial corner through a combination of arrogance and hubris. Soooo, you fire the assistant coaches AND refuse to extend the head coach thereby making him a lame duck (which begs the question: "just who would want to sign on as an assistant coach under these circumstances?") AND you try to get out of the salary cap hell your "genius" GM has created in building a team to run said coach's "system" by offering every player & draft pick you have available to make the "deal of the century". Now am I the only one here that finds this scenario just a wee bit on the bizarro side?

Richie_Rich, J.R. and Mr. Clutch like this.
  18. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

It wouldnt surprise me if Harden ask to be traded with all of this drama for no reason going on i feel like they front office is panicking for really no reason tweak the lineup and lets make a run at next year we are not far away

19. Fantasma Negro

Those teams have to overpay their coaches because they are in small markets and will never win a championship, they just want respectable basketball. Tilly can **** with MDA because he knows Morey can construct a roster to compete for a championship but MDA has bottled it two years in a row

You're thinking like a fan, James has no reason to even contemplate a trade. He's the franchise, everything that is happening is with his blessing

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I enjoy using the "Duck meme" myself, but @justtxyank pointed out that the assistant coaches who aren't going to be back next season were at the end of their contracts. In other words, they weren't re-upped for another season, not fired. He also said that MDA didn't hire several of them. Just thought I'd point that out. It's easy to get confused.

napalm06 likes this.