1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Maury is trying to land another "wing"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Yordan, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

no thanks

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We need a 6'9" Tucker who ever that is?

ROXonROXonROX and arabrocket like this.
  3. omgTHEpotential

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Inb4: "Rockets had deal in place with Minnesota to bring Covington to Houston."

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Exactly... even if the Magic would do that deal - they absolutely won't - does it even help the Rockets all that much?

Which all as always comes back to the ultimate question - why'd the extend Eric Gordon?? As much as he might be our only capable bench players some nights.... he would have also been the only legit asset you'd be like "SURE" to move for something legit in return.

SamFisher, Sanity2disChaos and saleem like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, no way the Magic move Isaac unless they get back a great player, much easier to think they would move Gordon since he's older, already got paid and after a breakout season he's been kinda underwhelming so far this year.

I think @D-rock in the random trade thread posted an idea similar to yours here, with Boston as the third team, but Gordon coming here instead of Isaac.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Iggy isn't coming here at this point, we have no salary to match his and if he gets a buyout seems like he's L.A bound.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Regardless, it really ****ing sucks that this team is basically forced to trade Capela to make some (probably minor) changes/upgrades because of luxury tax savings.

J Sizzle, justtxyank and SamFisher like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I watched 2 Robert Covington game highlights videos today...I won’t lie

D-rock and bratna8 like this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Trading Capela would be a disaster for this team. We'd lose an enormous amount of rebounding and rim protection. The guy is averaging 14/15 and it's important to remember he's only 25 and on a value contract. What kind of massive upgrade could we get that would be worth trading him for?

I think moving Eric Gordon makes the most sense. I'd hate to lose his shooting, but if he can come back and have a nice January, considering how bare the cupboard is in next year's free agency, he'd have some value.

But i don't see any way there is addition by subtraction in moving Capela; not the way he's playing.

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

exactly...why would we do tjis is the question lol. housw is everything covingyon is. but younger lol.

we dont need covington if it means giving up any good piece...its love or byst

but lowkey how clint playing im meh on him now.

we have a good team folks.

we just need speclist type guys..
    brewers
    iggy
    ariza
    Nikola Mirotić over seas..dont know why....would be perfect. thats the realist target i would do. poor mans love. without having ti give uo snything

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

ORL: Gordon Hayward (all star scorer), Carsen Edwards (2019 FRP scorer), Thabo Sefolosha

BOS: Clint Capela (starting defensive 5, would be all star in East), DJ Agustin (vet PG to create trade flexibility for Smart), Ben McLemore (rejuvenated former lottery pick), Gary Clark

HOU: Aaron Gordon (starting 4, small ball 5), Lob Williams (Clint Capela potential), Wes Iwundu (6'7 2/3 depth), Semi Ojeleye (6'7 240 defensive 4 backup)

No FRP needed to do this trade. All teams receive great value/needs to attain next level.

BamBam, hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

JuNx and treyk3 like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

How about Denzel Valentine?

Nene, Green + two 2nds and cash for Valentine

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Gotta get more.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

-Lowe: Can't trade Gordon, which leaves Capela & Tucker. This is a big moment for Houston.
    -Woj: This is a moment of truth for this entire organization. D'Antoni turned down contract this summer; no inclination to do a new deal. Ever since Morey sent the tweet out, even more pressure on him with this ownership group to advance deeper in the playoffs. The only thing left for them is the NBA Finals. This era of Rockets basketball is at stake with this season. They'll try to improve. I don't know there's a lot of moves out there for them.
    -Lowe: Tucker is invaluable for them and I don't know they can spare him so what can Capela get us? Very tricky spot for them.
    -Woj: Morey has tried 2-way, 3-way, 4-way scenarios to get Iguodala. That doesn't seem to be a scenario that will come into play. He's kinda thrown his hands up on that one.

BaselineFade, D-rock, xaos and 2 others like this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Y’all think it’s bad now?

Wait til Harden and Morey are gone. Tilman won’t have *any* reason to pay.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj & Lowe:
    • Lowe: 119 players now eligible to be traded
    • Woj: More teams think they're competing for a championship
    • Woj: Lakers & Clippers both want Iguodala. Lakers roster not built for another big trade
    • Lowe: Clippers can still trade their 1st; if you're the Clippers, you are all in. Harkless + Patterson + 1st, can that get me Marcus Morris or another 3/4 forward combo
    • Woj: Thought they had Morris in July (3y/$40M) He said no to that deal. Got less from the Spurs & ends up with the Knicks
    • Woj: Teams like Bucks, Sixers, Celtics, I don't expect wholesale moves. Bucks won't mess with this. Boston is the team, they need more size. How do they get it?
    • Lowe: I think the Bucks will look at Covington, Redick. Boston has to ask: are there any centers who move the needle for us? It'll have to be for Smart. It won't be Hayward, Tatum, Brown or Walker. I think the answer is probably no.
    • Woj: Boston will call all over the league & try to get something for nothing. ... You look at the centers available vs. their 3-headed monster, it's probably not better than what they can get. Not looking to trade any of these wings.
    • Lowe: Philly will look at shooting. Cobbling together salaries will be difficult.
    • Lowe: Rockets - Can't trade Gordon, which leaves Capela & Tucker and whatever draft assets. This is a big moment for Houston.
    • Woj: This is a moment of truth for this entire organization. D'Antoni turned down contract this summer; shown no inclination to want to do a new deal. Ever since Morey sent the tweet out, even more pressure on him with this ownership group to advance deeper in the playoffs. The only thing left for them is the NBA Finals This era of Rockets basketball is at stake with this season. They'll try to improve. I don't know if there's a lot of moves out there for them.
    • Lowe: Tucker is invaluable for them, I don't know that they can spare him so what can Capela get us?
    • Woj: Morey has tried 2-way, 3-way, 4-way scenarios to get Iguodala. That doesn't seem to be a scenario that will come into play. He's kinda thrown his hands up on that one.
    • Lowe: One guy that could swing trade market is Lowry.
    • Woj: When Masai gave Lowry that extension, there was really one reason: made him easier to trade. They want to re-sign VanVleet. Gasol, Ibaka are free agents. They have to make decisions on where they are in the standings. Is this team good enough to make a run? Pascal has made another leap. For Toronto, they look at this season & also next summer(2021) when Giannis is a FA. You won't see them compromise their salary cap flexibility.
    • Woj: Jrue Holiday - last season so many teams wanted a Jrue Holiday trade. Griffin, this summer with the guys they added, would hope they could compete for the 8th seed. That's obviously not happening. Holiday has embraced New Orleans but isn't interested in a rebuild. It's becoming that. You'll see the league see if Jrue/Redick are available.
    • Lowe: Favorite fake Holiday trade: Holiday to Denver for Harris/filler/draft pick/young player.
    • Woj: MPJr. is untouchable
    • Woj: Kevin Love - I think they're looking at a market place where they'll get a protected 1st and maybe an expiring and a throw-in player. Portland had interest in the past. They have the big expirings there. If you think he can impact you, it's as your 3rd/4th best player. No one thinks Kevin Love puts you over the top, even as your 2nd best player. Kevin is ready to go.
    • Woj: Pistons - Drummond is a favorite of owner Tom Gores. They've also not won anything. Conversation will go on in Detroit, do we want to extend him or is it time to move off him & start to re-shape the team?
    • Woj: Dallas - Whether at the deadline or in the summer, they'd like a big physical presence next to Doncic/Porzingis. Drummond? Harrell? They're making long term decisions. They can be opportunistic.
    • Woj: Denver - Would like more minutes & expanded role for MPJr. Malik Beasley did not agree to an extension. He can be a RFA. That's a name teams have said is available. I don't think we see wholesale change.
    • Woj: Warriors/Russell - They're not making calls on Russell. People may call them. I think he's playing this season at the very least and maybe beyond in Golden State
    • Lowe: Healthy debate in the league whether he has positive or negative value.
    • Woj: Iguodala - Staying in shape, watching the landscape. Memphis has been just absolute resolute in that they'll find a trade so if you want him Lakers, Clippers, you have to trade for him. That for either of those two LA teams, they're hoping for a buyout.
    • Woj: Thunder - There is no belief in OKC or even the CP3 camp that there will be a trade for him. They're resigned he'll be there. If they can't find trade for Gallinari, they can work with him on a S&T in the offseason.

D-rock likes this.
  20. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Mook