1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Knicks, Rockets re-engage on Carmelo Anthony trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 10, 2017.

1. vick

vick Member

Imminent 2 yard line soon 5:45 Friday 2:45 Tuesday O:) O:) O:)

2. macan

macan Member

gonna take a break from melo thread..see yall in Sep.

3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

So my dudes, what is the current level of engagement?

1. Tiffany's
    2. Jared
    3. Costco

4. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Sundays are slow news days.

Any one know what Codman's free agency 8/12 was about?

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

MUST

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. Remlap

Remlap Member

HAVE

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. Remlap

Remlap Member

MORE

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. Remlap

Remlap Member

PAGES. . . .

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. today

today Contributing Member

It was a date for him, hoping the dr. would say that he's a "free agent" from chemo/cancer.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I am really hoping it doesn't pertain to Melo because I am honestly starting lose faith in the whole situation. Something just doesn't feel right about Perry.

11. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

The one thing I worry about is Morey slow playing it for too long. Morey is not going to overpay, but I worry he waits too long and the Knicks let Melos agent know Morey isnt improving his deal to get deal done. As much as Melo obviously wants to be here, he still wants to feel like we are trying everything to get him. That could be one reason for him to add teams to his list. I think we all feel Morey is sitting back thinking the Knicks are eventually going to take his current offer, whatever that is. As of now Perry is playing it smart and not taking the deal that was almost done.

Tfor3 likes this.
  12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It would be in 2020. We have no way of knowing where that pick would fall. Do you think the Nets thought they were giving up top 5 picks when they traded all of those future 1sts to Boston? Hell no they didn't. They thought they were building a dynasty. But many of those older stars fell off quicker than they expected. And now they'll suck for a decade because of it. I know you're talking one pick rather than like the 5 or 6 they traded away, but no. You can't do it.

Obviously we're in a better position than them. But Chris Paul is old. Trevor Ariza is old. Nene is old (and under contract for three more years). If we get Melo, he's old. And if we resign Chris Paul to a multiyear deal we won't have cap room before that. That's before we even bother getting into if we resign Ariza. Guys in that age range can have sudden and unexpected drops in production. They don't recover as well from injuries. Etc. So basically, if those guys don't continue to produce at the same or similar level we'd be a Harden injury away from a top 5 pick in 2020. Hell, we don't even know who our owner or owners will be at that time.

I wouldn't do it. If we were talking about the 2018 pick then fine. But we already sent that to the Clippers. 2020 is too far away to safely predict what our record will be.

13. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

thats a really good take. But draft picks in NBA are overvalued. Most teams build through trade and free agency. I say if it gives us a legit shot then do it.

jevjnd likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

I said that too

macan likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Hangout > Every Post Must Include a Picture 2.0 is your best bet for more pages.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why would he care about what we're willing to pay? Less is better for him because he'd be going to the team that has the favorable trade balance. Everything is coming up team Morey as long as Melo doesn't change his mind. If he changes his mind then we're out of luck.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

On one hand I could see how this could come to fruition.

On the other hand though I really don't think Melo wants his new team to gut the roster for him again. He's experienced what happens when this occurs.

I don't think there'll be any animosity from Melo at all when it's all finally settled.

jevjnd and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  18. OTMax

OTMax Member

I said it before and I'll say it again, Irving will be moved first and it won't be before the schedule is released.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone needs a day off....

I am really hoping Houston has found a home for Noah or the Knicks love something from Utah.

20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey can't improve his offer. Ryan Anderson has to be the centerpiece for salary purposes and NY has no place for him. Both sides are waiting for other teams to decide that they want to participate. That's probably going to mean games being played and injuries or other things occurring before teams change their stance.