1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Kings fire Mike Malone

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tellitlikeitis, Dec 15, 2014.

1. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

completely unrealistic, but... I'd live with Howard-Cousins twin towers. Cousins actually has a somewhat decent midrange

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Probably Gay's idea lol.

3. mig0s

mig0s Member

Wtf i thought they were doing ok, especially without Cousins.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought he was the only coach who managed to make Gay efficient.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I said when they got rid of the Maloofs and they got this guy, that they were replacing one bad owner with another, now we have proof. Everything about his decision making has seemed awful from the get go.

6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

If they implode, we could get some pieces! Wishful thinking ;)

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

My guess is they hire a permanent coach pretty quickly and Ty Corbin is only in this role for the very short term.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Assistant Ty Corbin takes over. Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro, consultant Chris Mullin bristled over style at times. Malone hired before both</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/544374960899117056">December 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Perhaps Malone's style of play is too bland for Vivek's taste and he wants a new coach who will spice things up a bit. So....

Warmly welcome back to the NBA, Mike D'Antoni?

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Jared Dubin writes for various sites like Grantland and Hardwood Paroxysm...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Vivek also told me last yr that he made a deal with Malone before he ever bought a team that he'd hire him as coach. <a href="http://t.co/VZ3nn2vPdl">pic.twitter.com/VZ3nn2vPdl</a></p>&mdash; Jared Dubin (@JADubin5) <a href="https://twitter.com/JADubin5/status/544375953422831616">December 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If Vivek is that stupid could Morey somehow nab two first rounders for McHale?

I mean Mchale must be the kind of coach they want since he still wins with the star out.

10. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Same old Kings.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why do you think McHale has been giving credit to JB Bickerstaff for the new defensive scheme publicly of late? JB for 1st round picks, baby!

12. CrashTheBoards

Wow, good luck hiring a decent head coach now. Nobody wants to take over after this.

Malone seemed like a guy who was worried about his job. I thought the Kings played well, despite not having Cousins as of late in a tough WC.

13. CrashTheBoards

The problem is not whose idea was it. Gay got open in a good spot so they passed it to him. Gay's problem is he doesn't think to pass it in those situations to the guy who has the hot hand. If he doesn't see the clear open lane to the basket then pass it right away. He is not smart enough to realize shooting an off balance mid range jumper is exactly what the other team wants him to do.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The firing couldn't have been because of W/L record. Had to be stylistic, philosophical or personality issues in play. Like the Warriors with Mark Jackson, they may have had valid reasons that went beyond wins and losses.

However, if they are stupid enough to hire a worn out shoe like D'Antoni, I hope the Kings crash and burn.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ty Corbin is about to be on Phil Jackson's level.

16. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

If I were a kings fan I would be livid right now. Malone has done so many amazing things there. Boogie, who I saw as the next Derrick Coleman, has become arguably the best center in the NBA and certainly a legit franchise cornerstone -- that is amazing, and was never a foregone conclusion. He's turned Gay into a positive, has wrung something out of the likes of Derrick Williams, was really developing young talent like McLemore and Collison had never looked so good.

This team is going to crash and burn under Corbin. Dang -- I wish we were holding onto the Kings draft pick for next season instead of the Pelicans.

17. DMixes

DMixes Member

this right there shows how mediocre and bad the kings organization is

players started trusting the coach more, things were doing fine, it's not a team's fault that they can't do much without their obviously best player.

This thing will do nothing better, it's a stepback move.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Stauskas about to show the world he's on Kobe's level.

19. moose

moose Member

Wow, I actually thought the Kings were heading in the right direction too. I liked Malone.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member