1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Kevin Love unsure about Timberwolves' future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JPhil93, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

What's this? Love not a pipedream? Balls are wet.

2. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Because right now we are looking at this season. And I don`t even really believe we have enough chips to get him (if Harden is of the table) - and if we do, our best trade chips are Parsons, Asik and the young guys.

If we sign a quality player next off season, I am not sure if that is someone we could trade for Love. Would they want Josh Smith, Paul Millsap? Would they want Al Jefferson back? I don`t think so - if they get rid of Love, they want young, talented players - so Parsons, Asik, D-Mo should be way more attractive than almost any FA we could sign.

Sure, Morey could work his magic, do some trades, get some picks, get some young talent and then swap those for Love - but it is hard to get assets and give up next to nothing.

Again, we won`t be able to get him - but if for some strange reason Kahn decides to trade him and picks up the phone when Morey calls him, we would have to offer our best players, and those start with Parsons and Asik.

3. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

You Cant be serious right? So you wouldn't take Love lol?

4. DaneB

DaneB Member

When have they not been like that? :grin:

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yes, any manager would prefer a package of Josh Smith or Paul Millsap + young prospects and/or picks better than a bunch of our role players.

6. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Picks are always easier to move than a bunch of role players. That was why Kyle Lowry was traded for a pick to be used in a subsequent deal (meant for Howard, used for Harden), instead of using Lowry directly in the deal.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Depends on how valuable your pick is. But looking at how Minny is currently built, they would want a package that would provide them a solid PF replacement while getting additional prospects and/or future picks. So yes, having a Josh Smith, Millsap, or a LaMarcus Aldridge would tremendously help you swing a Love deal with Minny if ever they do decide trade him.

Point is, people cannot assume that certain players on our current roster would be included in any trade since we still have a ton of cap space to take on contracts/players that can be used as trade chips.

8. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Can somebody tell me why Minny would want Asik again? :confused: Is he much of an upgrade over Pekovic? Pekovic is half the price. Asik is too expensive to be a backup.

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Who is Love? Beasley dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more!

[​IMG]

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yea he stepped on Scola's face but Scola isn't our problem anymore.... You can groom Dmo and TJones all you want, they will never average 24/13. Love is a star and he can score as well as rebounds. Why would you pass up on a star player for unproven players that will most likely never be close to Love?

11. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I take Love over Blake any day. Love is more consistent, can score from anywhere and a more rounded rebounder. Just overall better than Griffin except for the highlight dunks...

12. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Wow, Love makes you feel that way :eek:

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Doesn't matter if they want him or not. What matters is if other teams might want him, Lin, Asik, DMo, Jones. Trades involving big time players often involve multiple teams. If the Rockets are going to get Love they will likely have to part with Lin, Parsons, Asik, DMo, and/or Jones. All those guys might not go to Minn but they would go somewhere with Minn getting something in return.

14. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

He purposefully stepped on the face of a fan favorite as he was heading back down the court. I've been watching pro ball a long time and there are few things I've seen that have been more disrespectful.

He's a very talented player. I'm not denying that.

He's just the type of player that I love to beat - like giving Kobe a beat down (except it never happens). Look, if he actually becomes a Rocket, I'm sure I'll eventually root for him. I just prefer a team that's both talented as well as made up of likable people.

15. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Even if K.Love stepped on my sisters face while in line at Taco Bell, I would forgive him if he is in Rockets Red.:grin:

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If he loves Taco Bell...imagine if he actually eats real mexican food...:)...I say...time to start up a "Bring Kevin Love to Houston Thread: Get it done Morey"

(no dont start a separate thread posters)

17. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Trades don't happen in a vacuum. It will depend on what the competition is offering Minn., how desperate Morey is, what the roster (asset pool) looks like in Houston, and what other options are available.

For instance, in the D.Howard situation, Morey didn't think anyone else had as attractive of a package to offer Orlando, so refused to up his offer because he thought the price might be too high without a guarantee of Dwight re-signing.

When Harden was on the block, Morey was more desperate to get a deal done. But even then, he thought the initial asking price was too high and refuse till he bargained them down (the initial asking price included Parsons and another first round pick).

18. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

wow, thats why you wouldnt sign a superstar player? thats idiotic man, sheesh

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The competition for the best power forward in the league with two years left on his contract will be very high. The Dwight Howard situation is beyond normal. I don't see Love demanding that he can only get traded to one or two teams but I realize that it is possible.

Look at what had to be given up for Melo and Williams. It is very similar to what I mentioned we would have to give up when you factor in that we have zero first round picks which is what teams often want in these trades. The bidding war for Love will likely be much more than it was for Howard because of personality.

20. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Aah, good point.