1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Kevin Love unsure about Timberwolves' future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JPhil93, Dec 11, 2012.

1. catch22

catch22 Member

some fans here are unrealistic. Love is not a FA until 2015 so we will have to trade for him in the short term, which means no parsons for sure and no asik maybe. so where is the dream lineup of love, asik, parson, harden and lin comes from?

stop smoking pot

2. Arthurprescott2

NO. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!! :p

3. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

only if you share me some

4. split41

split41 Member

I doubt they'd trade their superstar for anything we could offer. If they did I'd imagine Minnesota fans would be like (obligatory post):

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ajsNJtnUb7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

I was waiting for the obligatory KHHAAAANNNN!!! associated with every T-Wolves thread

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Yup, there is about a 0.5% chance we get Love. As a free agent our chances are even slimmer - we probably won`t have max cap space in 2015, and even if we do, he would probably choose one of the big market teams over us if he left at all.

So, if we want him, we would need a trade. They would want Harden - we would say no (or perhaps we even think about that). So let`s see, what`s the best we can offer? Probably Parsons, Asik, Jones and filler (or one other of our young guys). Good enough? I don´t think so. Do we have any draft picks left we could offer? I´d say we need 2 first rounders in addition to the 3 players mentioned above. And even with that really good offer we don`t have a chance if everything is alright between Minny and Love.

If they would bite, should we do it - if it means losing three great young talents, two that have already shown they might be developing into all-star calibre players? I´d say yes, but it hurts. Still this line up could do some damage:

Lin/Douglas
    Harden/filler
    Delfino/filler
    Love/Patterson
    Smith/Aldrich

And Morey is a master at getting good role players at a reasonable price.

But then again, I see about a 0.5% chance of that happening. The far more likely scenario: we make some minor trades, collect more assets - and get a guy like Josh Smith next offseason.

7. Grigori

Grigori Member

But Onotas is a younger Durant, a SF not a PF. Love may have the privilege of playing PF for us.

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

Grigori, why do you call D-Mo as Onotas? It's even have no sense :grin:

9. Arthurprescott2

Donatas without D (defense) = Onatas.

10. trowa2

trowa2 Member

No D, u get it?

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

The Onatas, not Onotas :D

12. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

More like will there be any left for the other team?

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Big men get sky high %s because they don't handle the ball a lot (ie create on their own), and they shoot near the basket.

Great example of this would be Blake Griffin. He puts up %s in the 60's and up every year, does this mean he's an awesome shooter? No, it's because all he really does is grab the ball and dunk. Since that's all he really does, expect his % to be high.

On the other hand, Love has a lower % because he actually creates his own shot instead of waiting for handoffs from pgs. Not only that, Love's range extends all the way to the 3 pt line, another reason why his FG% is lower. Put all that together and you basically have a rich man's Ppat who isn't afraid of contact, has better passing skills and is the best rebounder in the league. I think he's the 2nd best PF right now (behind Bosh), and considering his age is definitely worth franchise money.

I'd trade everyone on the roster (except Harden) for him, to be quite honest since he's a big man IMHO he's even more valuable than Harden straight up.

I think a good starting offer would be Asik+Ppat+Dmo or Tjones. We could send more players their way, but IMHO we could also package the other rooks for picks to increase our offer.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

A true 4 immediately makes Asik so much better...the Rockets immediately address lane integrity...its hard to go up against 2 7 footers...and Asik is a solid post defender...

Adding a player like Love will make this team instant contenders.

On a side note: we would have 3 or 4 non-black players starting..lol...(Asik, Lin, Love, Parsons, Harden)...we would be the new age Utah Jazz...lolllllllll

15. jocar

jocar Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yCFB2akLh4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. SRR21

SRR21 Member

K.Love could pull a Melo at the end of this season tell the team he is not going to stay after contracts up. Does MIN want Melo drama or just do like Utah did with D.Will and move him before drama.

17. dje243

dje243 Member

It would suck to part with Parsons but we would probably have to ship him, Patterson, Douglas, tjones, and Dmo to make it happen. I would do it if we keep Asik and harden.

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

To be a contender in next couple of years we need to sign Black mamba peoplem!!! :eek:

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Why do people keep on saying that Parsons would almost certainly be part of the deal? Oh right, they're basing that assessment on our roster right now while completely forgetting about the fact that we still have cap space to sign a max player or several good players who could be used as trade chips for future trades such as a deal with Minny involving Kevin Love.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Two things must happen before there's any chance we get Love.

1. Minnesota decides to go the Utah/OKC route of trading Love at peak value, rather than a drawn out affair

2. The Rockets have a PF that looks really awesome and could be seen as a replacement for Love. Patterson does not look like that. Morris is a maybe. DMo has the best chance by far among our PFs, although Jones is possible too.

If the above two things happen, then we can realistically think of trade scenarios. Probably that "future star PF" plus Asik or Parsons plus some draft picks.