1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Kelvin Sampson candidate for Brooklyn coaching job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Closer to the deadline a contender that really needs a back up point guard would probably give up a #1 pick for him. He is a very solid rotational player. I could see teams like LAL, MIA, NYK or OKC dropping a #1 if they think it will put them over the top.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The administrator of the site sees far more than you do of what gets posted (and, at times, removed) here, and some posts about Kelvin Sampson, most notably in reaction to playing Toney Douglas over Jeremy Lin in overtime in Portland, have truly been a disgrace. No mockery needed on my part.

3 people like this.
  3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Kelvin Sampson is not impressed.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

NY? No.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

fwiw, I haven't seen Clutch make a hasty comment in all the years on this site. He's leagues better than any other admin, paid or unpaid.

He's already replied to your comment, and that shouldn't make a Lin Rockets fan feel less welcome.

6. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Can we trade sampson and get a pick for him?

7. Nook

Nook Member

NY? Yes..... as unusual as it seems.......

Felton has injury issues and it is still not known how effective Shumpert or Prigioni will be.

8. Nook

Nook Member

No, he has an opt out of his contract if offered a HC job.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't see why they wouldn't keep him.

Yeah he had a rough start...but can you really say he's been that bad?

He's been pretty much outside of Greg Smith our best player coming off the bench. Simply comes in...hits HUGE shots over and over again and you don't think he'd even make a NBA team? That's a bit harsh considering how well he's played for most of the season.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I want to wish him good luck but i can't. I want him to stay.

11. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

I think all Lin fans have him on ignore list already. :grin:
    I was disappointed at him for not being mad that Asik was not higher than Howard in ASG votes, since Asik is one of his favorite player and "deserving" more than Howard. Instead, he was more concerned with Lin being on top. :p

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

You guys are delusional, Clutch hasnt made any remarks about Lin/Lin fans that can be considered "mockery".

13. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

Say What? Dantoni in LAL playing TD? Woodson in NYK playing TD?
    Where have you been? Both of them, wouldn't even let him be a rotational ball boy. :rolleyes:

14. rokit

rokit Member

that mean mug ain't gonna stop the "coach killer"

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The funny thing is McHale actually uses him closer to how he should be used.

He's a undersized SG...but at that position he's a guy who can come in, hit his shots, and plays solid defense. Any coach that doesn't want that has a problem.

16. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

good for Sampson if he lands a head coaching job. we should thank him for developing TD into a star for us.

17. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

NYK may take TD if Rockets agree to trade for Amare.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think delfino (and morris before patpat's injury) have played better coming off the bench, too. and you're right he has made some big shots for us and had some nice moments thus far (in spite of his obvious flaws on the court otherwise). but the main reason i don't see him making any other team is just that there's so many capable 1's and 2's out there who aren't even signed to a contract, and imo can add more to a team than TD. and there are also veteran players with real playoff experience to help a contender.

i see a 3pt shooter in the body of a PG, who cannot set up the offense effectively, makes terrible decisions in transition, and gets shot-happy far too often. his defense is also average at best, imo. and the worst part is i don't see his game really improving in the future -- he is what is he.

i'm really hoping beverley can eventually break into the rotation...

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd be worried about working for Prokhorov. Just look at Chelsea as an example of his quick trigger on firings.

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.