1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Howard to get second opinion on knee, could miss extended time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 29, 2015.

1. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Ray Lewis with a basketball: Prepare your antlers
    [​IMG]

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't think the minutes restriction matters too terribly much unless it is a major restriction. If they limited to only playing 20 mpg then that is significant. Not playing back to backs matters a lot, but still in his condition it is only a matter of time before the knee wears down.

If he can make it back my advice from my experience would be to limit him to 20-25 mpg and no back to backs. That would allow him to play in 22 games after the All Star break. I would even possibly only have him play after at least 2 days rest. That would limit him to 16 games after the All Star break. Honestly, I think that would make the most sense, but there is no way the organization will do that.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Probably a scope to see what's going on and possibly microfracture.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

career ending pregnancy

1 person likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Checking in to say "f***"

6. ApuN

ApuN Member

Its a lot of people in this forum with their heads in the sand

Howard has no cartilage in his knee. The type of procedure he had during the season is usually what you get in the off-season - its a wonder that he even played any games when he came back.

He most likely cannot play in a series of games without the knee flaring up again. No amount of sitting, resting, wishing is going to change this

The only option is microfracture surgery, and that most likely means the end of Dwight as we know him.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not sure different opinions will matter much..ultimately, it's about how the team and Howard want to play this. Are they looking out for the short or long term? And are they on the same page in that?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. baubo

baubo Member

I'm not panicking until someone says he's having season-ending surgery. At this point he just need to be healthy for the playoffs.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Batum and Bogut have also had PRP this season, for what that's worth. Though I recall Batum saying he hasn't been the same since, so... meh.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Microfracture surgery announcement coming within a couple days.

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

yep.. at least dwight won't opt out after next yr... :eek:

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Can we get Hakeem, Mutombo and Yao Ming back? They can each play once every 3 games for 10 minutes?

1 person likes this.
  14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

All we know at this point is that Howard will be out for an extended period of time. For all we know, it could be just a matter of getting some treatment (other than a microfracture procedure) and rest, and he might be good to go for the playoffs.

I refuse to get stressed until it is really time.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Although I agree with a lot of what ApuN said, I think teams are just quickly jumping to PRP because it's low risk, high reward. Because of that, it's harder to measure the severity of the injury based on them getting PRP.

16. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Joey makes the silliest mistakes sometimes but you have to admire his effort. His effort is 100% but he needs to be smarter I guess haha

Get healthy Dwight.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's a mater of being "smarter" I think he just doesn't have enough talent. He certainly gives 100%, but 100% of 30 will always be less than 50% of 100.

18. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

So is our main focus still PG? Or do we shift gears and look for a C. Why not do both lol.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Need that point-center...

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

No way they could play right if they actually packed like that. Those things looked partially erected.... :eek: