1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Howard to get second opinion on knee, could miss extended time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 29, 2015.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm blown away that they didn't think a minutes restriction should have been implemented games ago, at the very least. Howard was clearly favoring the knee and they just kept playing him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale on Dwight Howard: &quot;I think this next time he's back, we have to be way more careful. Might be resting him on back-to-backs.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Ben DuBose (@BenDuBose) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/560965847121158144">January 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It changes everything...I was convinced that the NOP pick and one of Jones/DMo would be moved for someone like Dragic/Lawson because we are in win now mode with an aging Dwight.

Now though do you regroup and keep the core of Harden, Jones, DMo and thus use the NOP pick for another piece to grow with?

4. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

he also played 13min

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

Dorsey is only around 6'9. While I don't think he is quite as bad as most of this board seems to think, there is no way we could go far in the playoffs with a 6'9 Center.

D-Mo is a good player and a good individual post defender. He is not a shot blocker or rim protector, he can't intimidate guards who are driving into the lane and we will get killed on the boards by any of the Western Conference playoff teams if he is forced to spend a lot of time at Center.

Wish we still had Tarik Black

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sh************y******t.

6'7", maybe.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Welp...Dwight's days are numbered. I'm sad, man.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with some of this.

Where I disagree is that

1) Dorsey is absolute garbage and he shouldn't be in the NBA

2) While you are right that DMo isn't a shot blocker, he is a good rim protector and given that we have 2 other PF's that are shot blockers and good rebounders I think we'd be alright if we went forward playing DMo out of position. The problem is that we have no backup center.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

McHale:

Dwight Howard with swelling in the knee on top of the ankle. What's your worry level?

It was always more his knee than ankle. His ankle bothered him a little bit but his knee has been bothering him off and on since training camp. Missed part of training camp, played for a couple weeks I guess, took 4-5 weeks off, came back. He tweaked his ankle but the ankle tweak put more pressure on his knee. He'll take some time off again. You get concerned because it keeps being the same thing. It gets better, he's playing,...he hasn't done anything. A lot of times you see a guy bump knees, get a hyper extension, come down funny but it seems the wear and tear starts bothering him. It's very disconcerting. He hasn't gotten any rhythm at all this year and we haven't gotten rhythm playing with him. He hasn't practiced much either. It is a concern.

Do you hold him out from back to backs along with monitoring minutes?

We'll have to be more careful. He took off a long time and I really thought it was behind him. ... The next time he's back, we have to be way more careful. It might be back to backs, it might be sitting him out one of the games, we'll see what the training staff says after he does his rehab here. A lot of strengthening in the leg and he'll probably have a procedure done on the knee within the next few days, that PRP and blood spinning stuff and inject the knee with some lubricant that might help. ... Even when he came back, every time he comes back, we've been disjointed because we're not used to playing with him. He'll have to get healthy first and then we'll all have to adapt to a new 20-25-26-28 minute Dwight.

#50 J.R., Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  11. i3artow i3aller

Cuncel da saeson :(

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Shame that Howard has to deal with this. Before he was injured, he looked really good. Almost like Orlando Dwight; the explosiveness was there. He hasn't looked like that at all since he has been back.

Really hope he can get his knee right this season. Would hate to ruin this opportunity with Harden's MVP season, the talent we have gathered and teams like OKC and Clippers looking vunerable by having Howard miss time.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

But he is very long for 6'7''.

[​IMG]

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

Why did you post a photo of Joey Dorsey and Serge Ibaka?

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Hmm...looks like he's been staying around 35-36 minutes the past few games, so perhaps they did implement something without making it official. Or maybe it's coincidence. either way, if it's lingering like that, they shouldn't have waited so long. He shouldn't have had those 40 min games after coming back the first time and likely should have sat out longer.

16. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

So.... trade for Brook Lopez with our expirings and sign a waived DWill after the deadline?

:(

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

What is Dalembert doing these days? A rotation of PF'S manning the center position is fine for a few games, but we need a longer term solution, until D12 comes back whenever that may be.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Because they are two of the longer guys in the NBA.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

You've been listening to too much Jopatholic. :grin:

20. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Starting to sound eerily similar to T-Mac's health situation.
    Wonder how far off we are from a workout video of D12 & his trainer.