1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Harden and Howard hate each other.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. billchez

billchez Member

I'm really growing tired of the national media talking heads saying that firing McHale doomed the Rockets season. Let's face facts here... McHale was an all-time great player but mediocre as a coach. He was neither the reason why the Rockets were pretty good last year nor the complete train wreck they are this year. I hope he gets another job somewhere else to prove once and for all how overwhelmingly average his coaching skills are. The truth is last year this team formed an identity around James and DMo last year while Dwight was out. Then when Dwight came back he fell in line as a solid complementary piece, along with Josh, when the playoffs rolled around. They caught lightning in a bottle in spite of the coach. However chemistry issues could not be overcome this year. I think it was a noble attempt to build on that chemistry by adding Lawson but it didn't work out and actually made things worse in the end. This team was inconsistent this year because nobody stepped up to lead from the preseason on. And when the losing started guys stopped holding each other accountable and became selfish. McHale would have met the same fate with this schizophrenic group of players.

1 person likes this.
  2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

okay...

get rid of both harden and dwight then...........

then keep JBB because he's a good coach so he can lead this team proper.....

we will be better next season without harden and dwight because even though they've been bad they're the only ones who've been bad and no one else on the team should be blamed...........................

dwight and harden are the only reason the rockets are in this position..............

blame harden forever....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

OOGIE BOOGIE

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

doesn't mean anything...except that both of them probably have strong personalities..Shaq and Kobe hated each other and how many championships did they win?

4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

He's great at explaining disasters after they happen. It's not too late for him to get into economics or weather.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Did...did you just compare Harden and Howard to Kobe and Shaq?

[​IMG]

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol :grin:

7. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

30 for 30:
    The H & H Boys

What if I told you the Rockets had two players who hated each other...

8. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Why on earth would anyone be shocked with this news is beyond me...in my opinion this is old news as it was displayed on the court all season

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yes I said get rid of both and get a coach to come in and implement his system and have the COACH WORK WITH THE GM to get the players in that will work within his system.

This Civil War Crap on the team has to stop...

To Quote a lot of people on this board... All the issues start with the GM

T_Man

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

It's like Kelly and Michael. Off camera they're not friends. On camera hey it looks like they're having a good time right?

Someone who lives down the block from me who's buddies with a Rocket assistant told me it's part of why McHale was fired so early. Behind the scenes, in practice, it was obvious they didn't like each other, and it doesn't help most of the roster would rather side with Dwight. So they fire McHale in hopes that Bickerstaff could somehow manage relationships, but obviously not.

For all the analytics and sabremetrics, you can't manage or predict who's going to be the leader and who's going to like each other.

11. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

After they started hating each other? 0

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well, he DID play Howard 45 minutes tonight, probably so Les could get a little more for the huge money he's paying him.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If it wasn't for that E:60 report I would think the same thing. Harden is just a strange cat. I can see Dwight giving Harden passive aggressive hints that he doesn't like him and it just completely going over Harden head.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The dude hasn't been taking the team bus.

The rest of the team is ****ing on it, you know how absurd it is for him to make it a point to arrive separately? I'm sure it helps chemistry.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So Brewer and Terry can play tons of minutes because of two stars hated each other????

Capela and KJ got benched entire game also because of this???

This is totally B.S.

JBB is the worst coach in NBA history!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Woj is a hack and Yahoo is a shytty platform

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No his rotations were bad...

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The most awesome part of these tweets is that it seems like JB won't be considered.

I'm glad, cause we should be setting the bar much higher.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden will be playing for the Lakers soon so who gives a f

20. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I have to be honest, you're right, it doesn't seem like he has much going on up there.