1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Gentile ready to play for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 21, 2016.

1. omgTHEpotential

DMo and Gentile used to be best buds back at Pallacanestro Treviso.

2. micah1j

micah1j Member

do we even have cap space to sign Gentile? If Morey didn't bring him over in the summer, then not sure why he would bring him over now. Looks like Barcelona is mulling an offer-sheet.

3. Nivos

Nivos Member

I've seen quite a lot of him this year. The dude is just not good enough.
    I hope the Rockets have people watching European basketball and not fall for the hype. No 3 point threat whatsoever. bad playmaker... Llul is a much better option.
    Will be better trading his rights for someone and keep wiltjer

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dont' really know...i'd say yes if he's willing to take just the min, if not i don't think he's going to come at this point...we should free some space in order to offer him more than that, which means trading Brewer probably.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

No, the Rockets do not have cap room to sign Gentile. I would be surprised if Gentile would accept a rookie minimum salary given his pedigree in Europe. However, as others have noted, the Rockets could still TRADE his rights to another team with cap room.

Uh...not sure how to react to this, heyp. If you see my agent, ask him to call me and tell me who he is. ;)

Rockets2K, Deckard and heypartner like this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

8. hvic

hvic Member

Gentile and Llull will not be on the roster next year. Would you like to make a friendly $20 bet to CF? If Llull or heck even Gentile gets picked up by the rockets next year I will donate 20. If either one doesn't make it to the roster than you can donate.

DudeWah likes this.
  9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Llull I get, I don't think he will ever be a Rocket. Why are you so certain about Gentile? I would have suspected he was a year away this summer.

10. hvic

hvic Member

I don't think he is ready but hey you never know. I just wanted to make fun bets bc I'm bored of waiting to see if they will match Dmo offer

11. Nivos

Nivos Member

What do you mean by 'ready'?
    He's 24. That's not old but by that point you are who you are. You can get better at some aspects but not completely change.
    Gentile is a big point guard, with decent defense and no 3 point shooting. It's pretty rare in Europe but not in the states. Even Ennis is a better player than him.
    Sorry to break some people's hopes for a stashed treasure, but it ain't this guy...

anchel likes this.
  12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He's a decent wing scorer and his passing looks to have improved but can anyone explain why he shot 33-40% from 3 point land for a few years and over the last 2-3 years that has fallen off in a big way?

Ennis is pretty much as bad as you can get...

13. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I am fed up with Llull, he certainly had his opportunity to come over and didn't. His rights need to be traded away, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, so trade him and get something real. I don't believe he's ever coming over.

14. anchel

anchel Member

I'd say matching on DMo rises the chances of Morey going for Sergio again the next summer considering the Rockets won't have cap space to go for a max contract and probably will makel use of their MLE. Don't know about Gentile, but there's only one MLE.

15. ClutchCity13

ClutchCity13 Member

Gentile is pretty handsome. That's about all i know about him.

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

When llull didn't come over after wcf appearance I was thru with him

kwakmeister likes this.
  17. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Brown is already gone and doubt Rockets let Wiltjer walk. Ennis or KJ more likely to be traded to make room for this to happen

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Do not go Gentile into the night.

19. Nivos

Nivos Member

He was never a decent 3 point shooter. His best season is around 33%. The 40% season you're referring to is a season he attempted 15 shots from behind the arc. For the whole season. That's what a rockets guard attempts in 2 games.

20. DMO (DJ remix)

The dude was a beast pre injury, but now he lost tons of athleticism and is barely any good. Not a great 3 point shooter which is already bad for Rockets, was good at driving to the basket, but now all he does is mid range jumpers (and his bad at that), basically a no go for Rockets. Lull on other hand would be great, but it doesn't seem like his coming and Rockets are fine with Harden and Pat.