1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Dwight Howard's dominating debut validates decision to sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

So many spelling mistake. I guess that's why it's 2am here in Australia

2. Play07

Play07 Member

surprised you didn’t get called a LOF, even with the 1999 user id, fans have to wake up and see when fans talk about ball movement here they are not LOF they know may just know basketball and what’s best for a team that is a contender

3. Apache

Apache Member

great game rebounding

4. dragician

dragician Member

5. Nook

Nook Member

Let me ask you this..... did Harden help Howard offensively last night? That is to say, did he get him easy buckets? How often did you see Kobe get Howard easy baskets?

6. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I'm always a little suprised when players can't see that. The coaches have to be pointing it out to him. He makes up for it by being awesome, but does he realize how much more awesome he could be?

On the bright side, in his post game interview he said the ball was getting sticky... that could be a hopeful sign.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I was thinking about Chuck's debut last night and remembering his 33. when Dwight had 20 or 21 in the 3rd Q, I was thinking maybe he might reach that number.

the article- I read it and enjoyed it, but I knew Dwight made the right decision before last night's debut.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's funny how one opening night game completely cements players all around game.

Harden is far from what Kobe was in his prime. Kobe was the most selfish player on the planet, scoring was the only thing he was worried about and you could tell.

You have to remember these two guys are both learning to play together. Learning their strengths, weaknesses, habits, and all around game will take just about this entire season.

I'm confident that eventually these guys will mesh well enough to feed off each other the way they should. But you can't make it seem like Harden isn't a willing passer. I'm sure it's especially difficult for him to break the habit of being the iso guy he has been since he came from being a 6th man, to the primary weapon, and now to having a deadly weapon in the paint.

They'll get their give it time.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I totally regret opening dat shet

Laker fans projecting its very sad

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Is this part of why Lin and Asik weren't in the meeting? Were they discussed as cap space options? Or is that the kind of thing you wouldn't dare discuss in such a meeting, for fear of leaks?

11. Mark

Mark Contributing Member

Weird cause I remember several passes into the low post from Harden to Howard. Howard didnt do much with them, but Harden passed it to him multiple times.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

These kind of articles is how Woj barters for info from agents.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I always love this. "It too early to say this or that" followed up by saying this or that.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I hate the GSWs.

15. CCM721

CCM721 Member

As another poster already stated, there were several simple entry passes to Dwight from Harden.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah Howard got the ball plenty. My concern was when Howard got it he drew in the defense, but he didn't do much of any kicking the ball back out. When he got the ball in the post he was going to put a shot up no matter what.

Just one game, but we have to take advantage of his ability to suck in a defense to the middle and leave our shooters wide open.

17. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~lol~ interesting.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This isn't true. Harden has made a ton of entry passes to Howard throughout pre-season and last night's game.

Harden and Howard still has a lot of chemistry issues to work on, but he is definitely not ignoring Howard in the post.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The way I see it ... Harden demands the ball during two situations:

First, it's winning time and he wants to dominate and intimidate the opponent into surrender. That's what the great superstars do.

See 4th quarter of Bobcats' game. Every possession Lin gives the ball to Harden. You also see DH motioning teammates to get out of his way for that two-handed dunk. You gotta give room to your team's acknowledged stars. When you have compiled a resume like theirs, then you can also demand the ball.

Second, the offense sputters; everyone is bricking the ball. Passes lead to TOs. So Harden tries too hard to make things happen. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't.

(See 1st quarter of Bobcats' game. I have no problem with ISOs if they work. However, COACHES need to give their players options on how else to play against their opponents' defense. Don't just say STICKY again and call for player and ball movement when it was leading to TOs.)

20. biojayc

biojayc Member

Yeah, it's exciting being a Rockets fan living in the SF bay area! Either people hate the Rockets because they are Laker's fans and hate that they "stole" howard, or they hate the Rockets because the are GS fans and hate that Houston got him instead of them.

:)