1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Dwight Howard eyes dominating, not just shining

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'm not sure joke is quite the right word, there's a lot of hate though

2. mightybosstone

I see no reason why Dwight can't put up 20 a night in Houston. I don't think he'll ever completely be the player he was in Orlando or that he'll be able to play that many minutes per night, but he can still be a hyper efficient 20/12 guy who is a perennial DPOY contender.

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

He looks weaker than his Orlando days simply b/c Orlando jerseys are made to make him look muscular, while Rockets jerseys are made to make you look as terrible as possible. #REBRAND

4. Moleb

Moleb Member

If he could just stay out of foul trouble, our team would be exponentially better. And he could very well be DPOY and the most dominant player in the NBA.

I.E If he plays with the intensity and focus like in the Portland series without getting in to foul trouble. Imho he would surpass his abilities that he had in Orlando.

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

well Harden better get out of his way then.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Really encouraging article and I hope it's more than just talk. Can't wait for the season.

I would have loved to hear he was also shooting 1000 free throws a day.

7. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

It would be so awesome if Dwight just ****ed **** up this year.

8. rocketblood713

He better cause I'm tired of all the damn talking he does "we went win a championship" "I wanna get back to dominating"

The crap that really gets on my nerves is that he and Harden said the had a good year for there first time playing together lol! GTFOH with that **** 1st round exit and Dwight gets here same thing ...how TF is that a "good year"

Like if not now then when another 2-3 years whenever there close to a contract year for them and then that's a distraction for another season of crap ..STOP TALKING AND DO IT ALREADY

Love my Rockets but its time to show me something other then disappointments

9. RCPM

RCPM Member

Reading the comments on the article really gets me fired up!

Can't wait till Howard makes them eat crow!

10. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Ya the comments on Yahoo and Twitter are

11. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

^oops...Ya the comments on Yahoo and Twitter are pretty funny...You got everywhere from the typical Howard sucks to "The Rockets lost Parson and Lin and only added Ariza, Terry, and Gee" from your Lakers Fans...Not only did we add more than that...We don't even have Gee anymore...Lots of uneducated dribble :rolleyes:

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

1 year, dude. Calm down.

13. basketballholic

I'm just hoping that Dwight and Woj haven't decided he's going to dominate this season by shooting fadeaway 12 footers like in the Hakeem video.

14. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

We need to make it a focus this year to feed Dwight in the post. That is who we need to run our offense through (sounds crazy saying that)

That will open up everything though and keep harden fresh on defense :p

15. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Howard looks much stronger coming into this training camp than he did last year. You can tell by his delts and traps he's been putting in the work. Last year, he looked like he lost some muscle mass very unlike 'superman' and the year before that with the Lakers, he appeared bigger and softer. That was understandable however since he just barely came off of surgery and couldn't train with same intensity. I'm hyped with this fully engaged Howard.

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yep, tired of all this negativity on these forums from our fans. I understand the frustration. In another thread they talked about how many things were swept under the table and we STILL did well. The core team has not really changed and with off-season adjustments in everyone's MINDSETS, we will surely be more consistent on both ends of the court. I expect to see a lot of inside outside game with Dwight and our air cav raining threes. THe emphasis on team defense and the addition of Dunn will be the hallmark of our off-season.

Sometimes it's not the free agents and the superstars that we add to a team. Like in a race car, it's about the setup that will WIN the race.

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

This.

"I want it to be where it's serious from Game 1 to end of season, and then take it to another level in the playoffs. That's something that me and Hakeem have talked about. "

Yes Sir !

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[rquoter]I want it to be where it's serious from Game 1 to end of season, and then take it to another level in the playoffs. That's something that me and Hakeem have talked about. [/rquoter]

Definitely a welcome mentality. It's a stark contrast to the GM who is content with waiting around until all the stars align perfectly before springing into action. It would be hard to argue that Daryl is serious about Game 1 like the team seems to be. I like how Dwight pointed out that it was his 11th year - does Daryl realize this as well?

19. cml750

cml750 Member

If Dwight can knock down his free throws at a 65% or more and play good tough defense, I will be happy.