1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Sep 29, 2014.

1. sabesque

sabesque Member

Cuban is all about chemistry. Especially when it comes to NBA players.

[​IMG]

Giddy up Parsons.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

that picture is just so.... sad.... Chandler is gonna fit right in...lol

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

One team has proven to trade away All-NBA players and break up a championship team for cap space.

The other has a head coach who's been on the job 12 years longer than the next longest tenured coach.

4. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I actually think Cuban knew he's cheated by his pal Fegan for the second time when he got the message from Morey that the Rockets were not matching Parsons contract. Cuban thought he's getting revenge on Morey for taking away Howard last year by hiking up Parsons' salary, believing that Rockets would surely match the contract, only to find out that he himself was screwed up again, $15-million BIG.

That hurts.

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

it actually doesn't hurt at all. he's only paying $8 million a year for dirk so this is a great deal for the mavs and mark cuban.

mark cuban wasn't banking on the rockets matching. mark cuban said he purposely structured chandler's contract in a way where he knew the rockets WOULD NOT match it.

mark cuban won. just accept it.

6. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Ok well explain to me why Cuban started looking for alternative options even after signing parsons. He really thought we were gonna match, so did fegan, hell everyone thought we were , including us. But now he's stuck paying a role player max money. How is that a win?. Run to the mavs forum with that BS

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Very nice post! You exposed Cuban for the hypocrite douche that he is.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Agree. You won't convince him/her. For some, reality hurts so they choose to live in their own fantasy world.

9. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I love this post and I loathe Cuban-douche

10. deshen

deshen Member

It has already been said many times that the Parsons' contract was make as difficult as possible for rockets to match.

Actually, we already knew Parson played his last game as rockets when we heard that rockets would not option for his final year.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

:grin:

[​IMG]

#171 J.R., Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People will say Cuban is getting under Morey's skin, but Morey is far more cool of a customer than Cuban is. I think Cuban shouldn't get too much into it with Morey.

Morey may come across as annoyed and nerdy, but Cuban will come across as a brat. Which can backfire big time.

The consensus is right now that Cuban got the better of Morey. But if Parsons doesn't live up to the hype and the Rockets don't miss a beat, that is going to look bad.

And the Rockets are motivated by Cuban, not just Morey, but you have to think that Howard, Harden, and company are a going to get a bit annoyed by the Cuban talking about no chemistry and ragging on the Rockets at some point, and that Parsons trade can't make them particularly happy either.

Dallas is a rival. The Mavs don't need motivation against us. We could use some. CUban is a food to light a fire under us.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Not...even...close...

Again: Cuban doesn't CARE about how much he paid for Parsons. His signing of Parsons bailed him out with the MFFLs who were mighty chapped when he broke up the 2011 championship team for sake of "financial flexibility". Like Morey, Cuban engaged in star chasing only to come up empty handed. He needed something to turn the PR tide in his favor and getting Parsons did just that because that signing plus Tyson Chandler's brought renewed hope of better days ahead for the MFFLs. There was ZERO buzz about the Mavs until the Parsons signing but now they are all back onboard the Starship MC happily drinking the blue koolaid.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It was about making it as difficult to trade, not make, no one thinks they're going to win with Chandler, not Daryl, not Mark, not the army of media slurping up the attention, no one, however the inability to trade Chandler was aimed at a very close friend of Harden's. Cuban was acting under the impression that Miami wouldn't go nuclear on the Bosh offer (I mean seriously, what team has ever upped its offer by 60% overnight?).

#174 Aleron, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  15. HillBoy

Yepper! Morey clearly violated the First Law Of Sewage: If you don't start *****, there will be no *****. Morey would do well to heed the advice of Murphy: "Never argue with a fool, folks might not know the difference."

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I just find the whole thing dumb. I read it and wish I hadn't. It's like two school boys going back and forth. We're all circling around waiting for the first real punch. Bah!

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

I agree that Cuban doesn't care how much he paid for Parsons. He had the cap space to burn, especially helped by the larger than expected paycut by Dirk. Since the contract is only 2-3 years (depending on whether Parsons takes the player option), it is not going to cripple their team. And Parsons is a good player. As long as his back spasms don't flare up even more, he should continue to be a good player.

I don't agree here though.
    I'm not a Mavs fan. And especially not a MFFL (barf..) But I have a hard time seeing signing Parsons at 15mil bailing Cuban out with his fan base.

He gave up their championship team. He told them it would be ok because he would find another, younger superstar to pair with Dirk. And after a couple of years pursuing that- all they have to show for it is overpaying Chandler Parsons?

Paying a player star money does not make that player a star.

Cuban gambled. He lost. As Rockets fans, we know how hard it is to get a star player to come to your team through trade or free agency. We missed out on Carmelo when was leaving Denver...and Carmelo again when he was a free agent in New York. We missed out on Chris Bosh when he was in Toronto....and Chris Bosh again when he was a free agent in Miami. We missed out on the first Dwightmare.

Morey may have been chasing star players a little bit longer than Cuban. Who knows, maybe Cuban will get a star player someday, maybe even soon. But with James Harden and Dwight Howard now on our team, it's pretty hard to say that Morey came out empty handed.

18. HillBoy

Totally agree.

You'd be surprised. Before they signed Parsons, there was NO buzz about the Mavericks. Cuban was getting his a$$ roasted for his dismantling the 2011 championship team along with his stupid sayings of "financial flexibility" and (my favorite) "keeping our powder dry" in order to land another superstar to play with Dirk. We both know how that plan turned out. So, when Cuban signed Parsons while getting to burn Morey the Genius, it allowed him to do what Morey is now trying to do: change the narrative.

Not empty handed but definitely on the clock. He has Howard for two more years with him essentially becoming an expiring contract in nine months. It is now year 8 of the Morey tenure with nothing much to show playoff wise. So far, having Harden & Howard hasn't been enough to change their fortunes as far as playoff success is concerned.

19. HillBoy

This is vintage Cuban. He absolutely loves this stuff. It feeds into his ego and if anything, makes him even more arrogant and clueless. Which, you as a Rockets fan, want more than anything to continue.

20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Well done! They belong to each other....