1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Christian Wood agrees to deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 26, 2015.

1. dmoneybangbang

Since he went undrafted he is a high reward, low risk type of player, perfect for our system.

Can't wait for summer league!

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Excited to be apart of <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a> cant wait to start summer league and begin to work and grind thanks <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">@dmorey</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RedNation?src=hash">#RedNation</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/JustWait?src=hash">#JustWait</a></p>&mdash; Christian Wood (@Chriswood_5) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chriswood_5/status/614854128280301568">June 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It looks like Christian Wood and Cliff Alexander will both go undrafted. I knew their stock was down, but that's shocking.</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/614286197821718528">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

How much guaranteed money we gave him will be interesting. I really want him to be on the Roster. If he got 40k like BJ Young odds not good. If got 100k like Robert Covington I feel confident. If he got More than he is almost a lock no matter what he does.

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

More athletic, More versatile Channing Frye.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I watched the Arizona game he had... I was not impressed. When he looks bad, he looks awful. I can't imagine him making a team until he starts taking care of the ball.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

God I hope so.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That is exactly why twitter was invented. Friggin' awesome.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Trying to figure out what game you watched. He played great against Arizona. Maybe Arizona St... Not one of his better games.

Of course I didn't watch him play all his games... But the production is there. He's young and went undrafted... Of course he's had some down moments. So has every rookie coming into the league.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Very lite

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AL5VOtcA8ws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow!!!:eek:

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wood you look at that - judging by this video we already got Lamarcus Aldridge (ha).

13. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

"Weaknesses: Very skinny. Needs to bulk up if he's going to be an NBA 4 ... Gets bullied in the post when he tries to defend or post up on bulkier big men ... Also struggles to finish through contact or gain post position … Questionable shot selection ... Tends to settle for jumpers or throw up floaters while out of control on the drive … When guarded by a smaller defender, Wood's quickness is negated, and he doesn't quite have the strength and post game to take full advantage of the height difference … Shows questionable defensive awareness. Gets caught out of position multiple times every game … His shooting has improved, but he still only shot 28% from 3 last season, which needs to be higher if outside shooting is going to continue to be a key part of his offensive game … Needs to develop more post moves ... 2.4 turnovers per game, too many for a big man ... Has put up rebounding numbers at the college level, but his fundamentals on defensive rebounds are very shaky and will be exposed at the next level, where he won't have a size and athletic advantage ... All in all, he's still sort of a tweener. He's still developing the strength and post game to play the 4, but he's a bit too big and ineffective as a perimeter defender to play the 3 on a regular basis …"

Based on that scouting report, it's gonna be an uphill battle for sure. Good luck though.

14. Sanity2disChaos

I guess the biggest question is will the boy eat....he needs some sputher cookin

15. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

His game looks like he is 19. I like his potential at this point. I just hope if we develop him we can keep him.

16. alethios

alethios Member

That describes a 2nd round or undrafted player...he's a low risk, high reward pickup. We will hopefully get Anthony Randolph type production out of him as a bench player.

17. nobie

nobie Member

exactly if he can improve his 3pt shot to 35%+ and become stronger he would be fairly ok.

18. AXG

AXG Member

He might be the best rookie on the team.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I seriously doubt he makes the team. What singing him does though, is gives the Rockets his D-League rights for RVG if no other team adds him to their NBA roster.

Remember, teams can have 20 players on the off-season roster. Any team that cuts an off-season player then owns his D-League rights unless another team signs them to an NBA contract.

The Rockets roster is stacked. Baring a trade there is only so much room for 1st & 2nd year players. Capela, Johnson, Decker & Harrell are very likely not going to be cut to make room for Wood. If by some chance the Rockets are going to keep KJ McDaniels that takes up another spot.

20. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Morey is by far the best GM in the league.