1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Carmelo Anthony open to waiving no-trade clause for Rockets or Cavaliers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Also when someone linked @swyyyguy 's Twitter but then he set it to private. That was lit

Snow Villiers likes this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Honestly swyguy is an idiot but he is our idiot. These other ****ing weirdos that have been popping up I just can't claim.

Zboy, BigShasta, RudyTBag and 5 others like this.
  3. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Knicks as usual playing their hand completely wrong.

bilaal14 likes this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I could really see Charlotte as a possible 3 way trade partner.

Charlotte gets Ryan

New York gets Marvin+Ngs+mem2nd

Houston gets Carmelo

Charlotte upgrades the 4spot and can effectively hide Ryan next to Dwight/mkg/batum. Gives lineup serious balance and shooting it needs.

New York cuts around 13m or so in salary and gain a earlyish 2nd round pick. Maybe could gain rights to an overseas player like gentile or hartenstein.

Houston gets the 3rd star.

#1224 BigMaloe, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Here's my question:

Why hasn't NYK make a deal with Cleveland yet?

We hear about NYK not wanting to take on Ryan Anderson from Houston, but what's going on with the Cleveland end?

bilaal14 and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Cleveland and new york both dont have gms. Id be surprised if they make a move or get serious until they hire one

D-rock likes this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

The dont want to part with love.... aside from that, they have the same trash we have to offer

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Gauging from what has been going on... and aside from the fact that NYC is trying to finding their front office pieces before making any moves.....

The nba, including the knicks and rockets are just waiting on the FA market to dry up, signings to happen, cap space situations to shake out, and the dust to settle.....

Then and only then the teams will know where they stand, what they need, what they missed out on, and what could be had.

Then the rockets will seek out their 3rd team, and then the trade for Melo will happen.

July 7th, meaning tomorrow Ryan Kelly becomes guaranteed, dont think the Rockets or anyone else care. $1.67 million is a very small sum to hinder any trades and will still be used as filler in any trade that happens going fowards. The other NGteed we wont have to worry about for a while.

Hang tight, fun days are just around the corner.

lionaire and BigShasta like this.
  9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

NY's GM is Steve Mills, and he's the acting VP of Basketball Ops. He's been with NY since 2003, and might be the person Dolan trusts more than anyone, as he's outlasted multiple regimes. He's the odds on favorite to keep his interim role after Phil was canned.

10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I think a trade will be done within a week or so. A third team is clearly needed right now.

11. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Also if the Knicks really want him gone the longer they wait the worse the package gets.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Because Cleveland doesn't have a GM. Also I am not so sure the Cavs owner really wants Anthony. The marriage between LeBron and Gilbert is just about over and everyone knows it. Not sure Gilbert wants to add another James requested player.

What I suspect is really happening is Anthony not wanting a trade to either Houston or Cleveland but a buyout of his contract.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I do think this gets resolved one way or another. The Knicks know they have to take something back, or get rid of him with a release. They not only would have to have him on the team not only next season but the one after that. Carmelo is not going to give that money up on the last year of his contract. So what are the Knicks going to do this again next off season again after sucking again this year as a middling team.

Nah

14. theimpossibles1

My buddy at work: Carmelo is coming to Houston.

Me: What makes you say that?

Buddy: He was seen running wind sprints on top of a building.

Me: Seals it!

joshuaao, amaru, sammy and 2 others like this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What's happening is Mills wants the job permanently so he will go to insane levels of patience to not look like he got screwed in the one transaction he presided over.

Gilbert doesn't want a situation where Lebron leaves him in shambles. In some ways, I believe Lebron would actually intentionally want the Cavs to be destroyed once he leaves. IMO he may not even consciously know it, but there is so much to think about:

1) It looks great for his legacy that they were trash before and after him.
    2) I think he wants to buy the Cavs as soon as he retires, so he has every reason to take a hammer to its valuation.

I also think Melo is having a hard time telling Lebron he would rather join the Rockets. I sense turmoil in the banana boat.

So what I think should happen is, Lebron should demand a trade to Houston. lol The Cavs would immediately exit Melo negotiations and so would we, which would probably make them buy Melo out. Melo signs for 2 year minimum, second year team option. Then Wade gets all excited and accepts a reasonable buyout and we give him the BAE. All 5 guys would be making over $20m a year in total, but NY and Chicago would be helping pay for it.

That was a fun dream. In truth, I think it's going to take weeks or months for us to get Melo, if we do. I see it as 50-50.

Corrosion, Jontro and peleincubus like this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That was a nice read haha.

I bet without Lebron the Cavs would have a top 10 pick next year.

Mathloom likes this.
  17. Raven

Raven Member

Knicks aren't going to feel the pressure until the season starts and Porziņģis starts freaking out because Melo is taking bad shots.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

@swyyyguy is one weird mother****er. Just sayin

arabrocket likes this.
  19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I hear Porzingis and Melo are tight; no issues. The Knicks can wait till the deadline and potentially get even better value. Melo's trade destinations may broaden depending on how the season goes; which would give the Knicks more options. Jimmy Dolan is mind-blowingly rich and doesn't give a crap what people think and doesn't want to give Melo what he wants without getting something for it.

The Knicks don't have to do anything until Feb. We do not have much leverage.

...which is why i think hanging our hat on Melo, at the expense of other potential options, is not a wise strategy. I'm not suggesting that is what we are doing ...who knows what Morey is up to. But i guess i'm not with the Melo or bust crowd.

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

All of this angst over an aging ball-stopper who scores in the mid-range... I can't believe DM wants Melo. Smoke screen.