1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Butler Willing to Expand List if Wolves Can Make a Deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Sep 19, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Shoutout to EG though whom we(including myself) have been talking about like we could do without. I absolutely love having him on the team and if the Butler thing doesnt happen, I'm so grateful to have on this team. He truly is one of Morey's best signings.

2. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I am afraid thib won't trade JB to any western teams, because he own job is on the line if wolves won't make it to the playoffs. Specially to us where we beat them in the playoffs. Rumors has it that many teams went directly to wolves owner for trade ideas.
    Rockets owner was one of them approached Taylor.

Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I am sure Morey went directly to Taylor with an offer that included sending Dieng to Sac and offering other money saving tools. It has already been established that Taylor is going to know all of the deals and regardless of what Thibs wants he is getting overridden. He is already essentially gone because the owner has usurped his authority. They are going to want a new coach anyway so Taylor is not going to allow Thibs to just do what he wants. He gave them the ultimatum so that he could avoid more upheaval now but it was simply to save face. If he likes our offer best he will instruct them to make the deal. I do think Dieng is key but Minny may prefer Miami or some other team we are not hearing. While they wouldn't want to trade in conference we are above them and they are not beating us. It doesn't change anything. This is a small window with horrible everything and they are just trying to salvage something for their team. I doubt that is their primary concern. My guess is Butler did this on advice from friends around the NBA, cough, Kyrie, cough. His name was expected to be in the original summer movement list and they did nothing. This is no surprise. They just thought they could deal with this at the deadline after he shot down their extension proposal. I love all the jokes about Thibs should get himself fired in protest and come here to be the D coach.

Hakeemtheking and DonKnock like this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not strong according to Bobby Marks.

As one team executive told ESPN, "The Timberwolves will be lucky to get 50 cents on the dollar in return for Butler."

Reeko and DonKnock like this.
  6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Here is to hoping we DO NOT TRADE EG OR TUCKER for butler. DO NOT WANT at that price.

knight + zhou + harstien+ 2 first rounders.

Also dont think we get him because of the massive tax bill.

Its ok. Rockets good enough to win now anyways.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

still praying he’s gone and Butler is a wearing a Rockets uni on opening night

Know Your Role and Snow Villiers like this.
  8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

#savage
    [​IMG]

sammy, Reeko and DonKnock like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol just keeping it 100

Bring Jimmy Buckets home!!

Snow Villiers likes this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I'm dine to bring him back to the greater Houston area. Wouldn't mind giving up Tucker either even though that doesn't seem to be on the table :eek:

#370 Snow Villiers, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Reeko likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

If you dont have something nice to say dont say it all :eek:

12. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Was on the table. Unfortunately, Miami putting Whiteside on the table and New Jersey's pick will be more valuable than the Rocket's. Rockets have to come to the table with a better offer, but may not have options.

13. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

Source material?

14. rockets13champs

I’m waiting for that Breaking News: Houston Rockets Acquire Jimmy Butler

Reeko and hakeem94 like this.
  15. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

They've been trying to dump Whiteside as a salary dump. He's a great player but he's mentally a midget, I doubt that moved the needle. Unless there is a third team who covet Whiteside, I don't think this is the case.

Though now that I think about it, Whiteside next to Anthony Davis would be sick... Pellys need to get in on that.

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

They had better than that with Boogie and it didn't work so the Pels won't go that route again. It clogs the paint and they were a better team without him. They finally learned they are just going to have to rely on AD not getting hurt because of wear and tear. He always misses games but comes back pretty quickly. Milwaukee would want Whiteside but they really cannot help Miami. Minnesota is not going to take him on with KAT. The Miami position if they are helping with Dieng is to take him and send Whiteside to Sac. I think Miami is in a position that they feel they are having to give up too much to get something done. If we helped Minnesota by taking Teague with Butler and redirecting Dieng to Sac that would probably win over the owner.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I like Gordon, but Butler is just a better player on both offense and defense.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

way better...if we acquire him then start saving up for finals tickets...a championship is coming to Houston

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, that is fine and dine, Gordon has been an exquisite fit within this team.

Never caused any trouble coming off the bench, mostly shot well enough when needed, defended very well given his smaller size.

16-18 off the bench/rare starter is the maximum one could ask. Never seen 18-20 ppg bench guys balling this hard before.

He knows his role as well as any guy named PJ, Luc and Ariza here.

Jimmy Butler has been better because he was clearly the Top 1 or Top 2 option on other teams.

And as a former No 1 option his numbers are still not better than the Hardens, Lebrons of this league.

And as a second option his numbers are average at best.

#379 daywalker02, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  20. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

How many times has people said this, you can't trade Knight before 60days. Therefore if Minny is trying to deal him now we can't offer knight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides EG we got nothing of value where any other team can't beat.

Over the summer Morey was trying to sign EG to an extension but nothing come of it. Meaning we may not get EG back after his contract is up.

It mskes sense that we offer EG plus Nene for Butler.

Know Your Role likes this.