1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Austin Rivers returns to Rockets on 2 year deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 1, 2019.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

You're right YOLO. I admit that some of my criticism might be unwarranted. He hasn't been as bad as I've made him out be. I just honestly don't think he's championship caliber. The Warriors series saw almost every game decided by a basket or two. Every point counts, and I can't stand a player giving away free points. Game 1, CP3 missed 4 Free throws and got 2 Techs. We lost by 5. If CP3 hits hit FT's at his normal rate and shuts his mouth, we win, or go to OT, or at least have a chance at the buzzer.

I really hope you're right and I'm wrong. I've been on this forum everyday for almost 20 years, and I would love to be wrong. I've been wrong before and might be wrong again. I still like having my opinion. I appreciate you not flaming some others.

jcf and D-rock like this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If you wanna crown em, well **** it crown em

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ok well If you’re going to talk about free throws how about the free throws harden missed. Lets not be convenient and just happen to leave him out now. It goes for everyone not just a player here or there at someone’s choosing

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, Harden missed some big ones. I wasn't actually trying to make Paul a scapegoat, I was trying to emphasize that when a team is as close as the Rockets are, getting one point closer per game to the Warriors can make the difference. I realize that some posters will argue that Austin's defense makes up that point, but I'm just not sold on Rivers. I also made my original post about not wanting him assuming he was getting more than the Vet Minimum. Regardless of what he's paid, I just don't trust him to play championship minutes. The only way I can be proven wrong, is if the Rockets win a ring, so I really do hope I'm wrong.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Glad and suprised he is back. Well the good news is we didn't get worse..

Bad news everyone else got better

Hakeemtheking and kjayp like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I saw this while at work and it was like a solitary ray of sunshine breaking through dark clouds of despair. Yes, this is all I have left to be happy about. *sigh*

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would hope a player has faith like that lol.... But lets be realistic.

8. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Mature the philosophy vs Kawhi and co?

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Lakers get Kawhi that's a different animal. We aren't dealing with that yet. It first has to happen.

10. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Is that team better though than the Prime Lebron, Prime Wade, Prime Bosh team? I would say it would be about equal if you factor in the bench but <<< Warriors KD team. Still don't see the Rockets taking them to 6 even, if it does happen with old CP3. Rockets situation is just grim, FA is becoming barren

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If they get Kahwi i bet they get Danny Green and Iggy... That's what will burn.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

This helps offset Chris Paul’s contract when spread between the two rotation players.

I’m fine with carrying the balance of our cap room for the buyout market, but that will require Tilman to truly be willing to be in the Ltax.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Austin, you have won me over. I thought you were an entitled pricked hanging on daddy's apron. But you proved me wrong.

I am glad that you feel happy in Houston. But don't blink. You might be part of a deal to bring us a star. :D

D-rock likes this.
  14. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I mean why are you banking on one backup player to win the championship? Why are you just picking on him?

He's a cheap backup, that's all. Those players aren't all going to be all-star legends lol

withmustard likes this.
  15. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Good job by Morey here.
    Exelent negotiation.
    Probably Rivers gets a good contract next year and find a home.
    Works for both sides.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Freakin PHENOMENAL!
    I figured there was no way we'd be able to afford him... esp after signing House... so I am very pleased with this! :)

D-rock likes this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

and with this Rivers has become my favorite player! Hysterical considering we all hated the dudes guts not long ago...
    but heck, if the dude is gonna turn down better offers to come back on the min - he's my new hero! :)

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The contrast in reaction to this signing to his signing with us earlier this year is astounding. From horribly hated to golden child.

I'm glad to have him back. What a team friendly deal. He really could've pushed for more money from us.

D-rock likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well compared to every single “backup” pg the rockets have had in this harden era he’s by far the most talented so I’m certainly not going to act like he’s some incapable player. I’m without a doubt sick of seeing the Bobby browns being signed to backup the likes of harden cp3 or eg. And I would take him over a ton of these over priced guards that have been signed

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I need to hear from Holic lol