1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Anthony Davis has requested trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lionaire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Obviously LA is way different from OKC... but it is interesting at least that the Clippers gave Blake a massive payday, only to trade him months later, to now be in a position where there are various high tier fa's rumored to go there.

Similarly, Toronto is always looked at as a hard to attract FA type place. Well they moved on from "their guy" and it seems to all have worked out for them.

I think the idea that players cross off cities/teams/organizations because they might have traded some player in the past is a little overblown. If Russ gets traded, he will have had 11 seasons in OKC, gotten a huge payday, and been moved for a great player. He should have solid things to say once past the shock and it should be all good.

Not that I see it happening.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Seems like the Lakers could get Suns #6 pick or Bulls #7 pick for Lonzo Ball. So that would put their #4 and the (6 or 7) pick in a potential package.

It may come down to if Tatum is in the deal or not. As he likely is *the best individual talent* that might be on the trading block.

lionaire likes this.
  3. Major

Major Member

LA is LA. I'm talking about the free agent wastelands - Minnesota, Utah, OKC, Memphis, etc. The places that would never be considered no matter how much capspace they have when top-tier free agent with a choice of destinations is available.

Even with Toronto making the finals, it seemed barely 50/50 that he would stay. If they lost in previous rounds, he's almost certainly gone. But the reason they made that trade is precisely because they can't get Kawhi-like players in free agency.

OKC has two stars signed for many years. There is no good reason to risk that on a star who's a free agent next year unless they are in Toronto's position where they think they are one player away from title contention in 2020.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Understood... i just don't see how trading away a Russ or DeRozan changes that perception or makes it worse. Already a "wasteland" as you say

sure, that person than has to stay, ideally.

relative to OKC, you make the move because you've become convinced Russ won't get you there. They've got to be somewhat close to that point already.

it's obviously not going to happen, though.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We have everything the Pelicans want. Except an All Star, a young potential All Star and two good picks.

RyanB, JayGoogle, malakas and 2 others like this.
  6. blackistan

blackistan Member

We have CP who's an all star, Capela who's an upcoming potential all star but not sure on draft pics maybe we can purchase some...anyhow I'll hold out hope that we can trade CP for anything at this point while knowing the odds of adding AD are slim to none

7. rockets13champs

Nuggets are a strong dark horse but they lack draft picks. They certainly have better assets than Houston.

Davis and Jokic could make Denver the best team in the west

8. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Griffin said All-Star. Not FORMER All-Star.

9. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

I think you might be right. And I think that comes down to if Boston thinks they can keep Kyrie. If Kyrie stays, it makes more sense to push all your chips into the pot on the Kyrie-AD. If not, I bet they're more reluctant to give up on a young talent like Tatum.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP0 is not an All-Star, and his contract is hideous...he’s a negative asset

Capela is too limited without Harden who feeds him like 80% of his buckets

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally i don't see that, i like Harris but that's it, other guys are old, overpaid or injury prone and not even proven.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Davis has been a loser so far so he would kinda fit with the Knicks, i hope Durant signs with the Nets eventually, the Knicks could still trade for Beal to pair him with Davis but eh, not even sure they would come out of the 1st round if the Raptors keep Kawhi and other teams like Brooklyn and Indiana get better.

RyanB likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Whaaaa, he don't want to go to the Bucks?!
    Knicks or Lakers?

I thought he "just wants to win"?

:rolleyes:

Nook, Mathloom and RyanB like this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

Superstar trade rumours going rampant hours before maybe the last nba finals game. Amazing day to be a fan.

RyanB likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sounds like we have a pretty good shot at it then.

18. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Big news today

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tweet deleted but @SportsCenter said "The Lakers are the "leader in the clubhouse" to acquire Anthony Davis in a multi-team deal, per @wojespn."

#719 J.R., Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Vivi likes this.
  20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why would Woj say that? LA can’t sign Davis in 2020 unless they punt on using cap again this summer.