1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Anthony Davis has requested trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lionaire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is what marriage between relatives would end up looking like.....

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's like Tywin Lannister negotiating a marriage for Tyrion (to keep him away from the w****), and gives him four landing spots. Sansa or one of the Walder Frey Daughters.

[​IMG]

malakas and Nook like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Beal is probably gone anyway, wasn't he the guy who yelled at Grunfeld during a training session something like "this is all your fault"?

I mean, Wall is probably staying there for a long time, and they don't like each other. The relationship with the front office is clearly not good...what sucks is that he has no player option in his contract so, unlike George, Kawhi etc, he'll not be able to force a trade so early.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Thanx for the info.

So the one who asks for all 4 firsts is Demps? I thought the one who kept pushing for more was Ferry while Demps was content to give him away with just 2.

Nook likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know if Ferry or Demps specifically asked for 4 draft picks.

What was told to me was that Demps from the beginning was pushing for a trade before the deadline to the Lakers. I don't know if Demps countered with four draft picks instead of two or if that was Ferry, or ownership.

To explain it better, Demps liked the idea of completing a deal with the Lakers and Ferry has taken the position that the Pelicans would wait until July to even begin negotiations with anyone. Ferry has not spoken to the Lakers (as of yesterday), and it has been Demps that has been listening.

Perhaps the four draft picks request is some sort of compromise between Demps and Ferry? That would just be me speculating.

I know the sense is that the Pelicans will wait until July, but I still think there is chance it gets done by Thursday just based on history. A lot of times teams do not want to wait.

malakas likes this.
  6. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

To be completely fair, IF the leaked Lakers offer is legit, then Demps isn't crazy to try to trade with the Lakers. If you compare it to what NO got for CP3 seven years ago, it's arguably superior. ADs value only goes down with time, and only goes up with more bidders (BOS), its a calculated gamble but I understand where Ferry is coming from.

Of course, the "leak" could be complete BS, but I doubt Magic is stupid enough to low-ball NO and use AD's inevitable departure as "leverage" as he attempted with Jimmy Butler and Paul George, especially since LeBron can't wait much longer for a legit running mate.

malakas likes this.
  7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It’s crazy because New Orleans has so much leverage over LA - literally all the pressure to ship him out is completely manufactured. Lebron is 36 and has already shown the first signs of his decline - can’t for the life of me understand why this isn’t a bigger story this year. NO could just sit on AD until the 20/21 season and if AD really wants to leave to LA at that point he could and go to what is left of Lebron at 38, the poor younger players LA isn’t developing and whatever 1 yr vet squad they have assembled and all that assumes LA has managed its cap well enough between now and then to keep room to offer AD the max. The “trade AD to LA now” chorus is all about fitting LA’s timeline but it makes zero sense for NO and better offers are already on the horizon from other teams. At this point NO would be absolute fools or worse yet complicit in a conspiracy if they help AD to get to LA now.

everyday eddie likes this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

Lebron is 34 bruh

malakas likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Thanx for the info.
    Thank god we have you here to give us some insight on the situation.

It is still funny that Mannix, who is the Celtics media tool, leaked that Ainge doesnt put Tatum on the table. That makes it more likely that the Pelicans will accept the Lakers offer, doesnt it?

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Lakers out?

malakas and Vivi like this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

The Pelicans are my level of petty :)

bumbum09, arno_ed and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

:rolleyes:

malakas and justtxyank like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

malakas and Vivi like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This just reeks of desperation lmfao...

malakas and saleem like this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL. "pulled out" yeah right

Basically saying they have an offer on the table. Won't raise it anymore. Come back to us when you want to talk.

Magic's never pulled out of anything.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

6 for 2 deals aren't even legal

20. malakas

malakas Member

They are like an ostrich with its head buried in the sand.
    "Negotiating tactic"..."The art of Dealing"..etc LMAO
    These tactics dont work when the other party knows everything that you own from the start, how much each of your assets are worth and they can take all their sweet time negotiating for 1 whole year if they want.