1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Anthony Davis has requested trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lionaire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Morey may be the only GM desperate enough to do 4 picks. Again, it isn't about the value of the picks. You give up 4 picks and you have basically no way to make a meaningful trade at the deadline for 6-7 years. You can't move a bad contract, you can't add a shooter, etc. That's the problem. If all goes right the Lakers won't care about the actual pick for 6 years, but they may need the pick to add that season's Kyle Korver to a team because they need a shooter. Rockets are in the same situation.

The only reason the Rockets might be willing to make the deal is because we think we can win THIS year. The Lakers don't think that. So we may be willing to do a deal that dooms us to keep the same roster because we think it might net a title right now.

2. justtxyank

That's a fair take. That's why I held out saying he's better than Kuzma. I just don't have a high opinion of Lonzo at all (not to mention he's already publicly attacking your franchise lol) and while the league loves Ingram I don't see him turning into a star.

I wouldn't trade Capela for Ingram or Ball. However, if the Lakers would offer us right now Kuzma, Ingram, Lonzo and Zubac for Capela I'd do that deal.

Vivi and malakas like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

Yes.
    Please Maginca do it.
    Nothing better than having to watch the Lakers in BKN hell for the next 7 years. :)

Btw the Pelicans may suck now but they have the potential for a quick turnaround since they will have a new owner, GM and possibly city soon.
    Who knows how they will be in even 2-3 years from now.

Vivi and justtxyank like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. justtxyank

If I'm Morey I'd make the "Godfather" offer. Again, only because we have such a small window. We ca maybe beat the Warriors this year and next. I wouldn't have liked that deal for Butler but for Davis?

The only issue here is that if he will be a punk if gets traded here then it will ruin everything. Will he tank you next season by nursing injuries all year on purpose to try to force a trade?

BigMaloe, Nook and malakas like this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

Nah he wont do it.
    Not that much is known for ADs actual personality but its fair to say that he isnt a Butler like diva and he isnt Kawhi either. He even wanted to play yesterday.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Davis isn't going to the Rockets.

However it would be interesting (and take huge balls), but if Morey dealt Capela and Gordon and 4 #1's for Davis and Holiday, and then got Jordan on the buy out market.

Paul/Harden/Holiday/Davis/Jordan
    Tucker to the bench

That would take HUGE balls to pull off.

BigMaloe, Deuce and malakas like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

I think if Morey learned that Jordan was going to force a buyout and intended to join the Rockets.... AND the Pelicans called, he would make that deal in a heart beat. Davis isn't just an all star, he is a legitimate superstar with the ability to improve and is still young. He is a "unicorn" in NBA circles.

BigMaloe, malakas and justtxyank like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's the big risk...we know for Butler we were willing to move all those picks (even though we don't know anything about the protections), but maybe they had some good intel about him resigning here, assuming that's true, we can't say the same about Davis, looks like we're in Kawhi's territory here.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Capela is better than Kuzma, even with Kuzma under the draft salary contract.

Capela is rare in that he is traditional enough to make an impact defensively and on the boards, but is spry enough to do well in a switching defense. There are not a lot of guys that thrive in that situation and that makes him fairly valuable.

BigMaloe, Vivi, malakas and 1 other person like this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I guess his dad got him drafted 2nd, but how is a guy who is a sub 50% ft shooter going to dictate where he will go.

malakas likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The father is really screwing over his kid but some people just can't keep his or her mouth shut.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is incredible to me that people still believe these "lists" mean anything. (welp! we are not on the list, oh shucks) FOH.

And also that people can't see the OBVIOUS signs of negotiation in the media.

Shams says something
    Then Woj says something
    Then Ramona says something
    Then Rich Paul whispers something to Chris Haynes.

It is laughable.

BigMaloe, Vivi and Nook like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have said this before, but if I am Morey I make a "godfather" offer for Bradley Beal. All the attention is on Davis. But if I am Morey I see if I can under the radar throw a massive package at the Wiz and see if they bite.

Getting Beal would keep open the Rockets championship window. Beal would be the Harden sidekick with CP3 as the 3rd guy, which is the best role for him.

Nook likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

Lowe said that Porter isnt available.
    If Porter isnt then Beal isnt either.
    Unless by godfather offer you suggest 3 1sts ?

16. malakas

malakas Member

17. Nook

Nook Member

It is laughable and the whole league knows it.

I learned about the list before it was released because of someone in Chicago that told me that the Pelicans had expected Davis to ask for a trade this summer as representatives for Davis had hinted at since the season started.

The Pelicans did not except that Davis' representatives would go public during the season, going back on an assurance made months earlier.

From what I was told, as soon as the Pelicans were informed, they asked for a list of teams Davis would sign an extension with. The Pelicans were almost immediately provided a list that contained teams that only helped the Lakers bargaining position.

The list was a joke, all teams that either did not have the assets that the Lakers have, or teams that were not willing to trade the necessary assets. The list was made public by the Davis camp.

Supposedly Dell Demps wants to deal Davis to the Lakers for a booty of assets, believing that it will some how help save his job. The existing ownership is not as keen on that, as they believe that they can get more this summer.

It is insane that Silver has allowed this type of BS to happen.

glimmertwins, BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

That is depressing.

The Wizards were willing to listen on Beal earlier in the season but wanted a young budding star AND draft picks. And by star, I don't mean a promising player, but someone that is young and already a star. No one is going to do that!

BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Exactly. And it was the same song and dance with "Jimmy Butler's list" earlier this year.

Meanwhile the Raptors trade for Kawhi, OKC trades for George etc.

Lists mean F-all.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oops double post