1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Anthony Davis has requested trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lionaire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Giannis was making strides playing PF. Davis is less effective as a C.

Back to playing SF.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The fine is weak.
    It should be a % of the players current contract (and should apply in part to the agent as well - ie if they get 7% of a players contract, they get 7% of the fine).

Otherwise guys with smaller contracts who demand trades (and get fined) are taking a much bigger hit than the supermaxxed stars - and surely the supermaxxed stars are the ones we are worried about making these demands in the first place?

I also think they should take action against Rich Paul in this scenario. Maybe prevent him from gaining new clients for the next 5 years (or something). You can't have these schmucks running the league.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Anyone can ask for a trade with their FO, thats absolutely legal.
    The illegal part is the agent himself releasing said trade request to the media.
    If it was an "anonymous source" then he wouldnt even be fined.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yes, true true - thanks! The point still stands that all these kinds of fines should be % based. I think in general that should be the case - whatever the issue someone is getting fined for.

In this particular case of tampering, agents should face serious repercussions.

malakas likes this.
  7. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

HOW THE 76ers can end up with this starting 5 next season:

Joel Embiid
    Anthony Davis
    Jimmy Butler
    JJ Reddick
    Kyrie Irving

Trade 1

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycsd4mqo

Then trade Wilson Chandler for to rent Mirotic if the Pelicans agree (they should, it is Ben Simmons).

That gives them this lineup this year:

Embiid
    Davis / Mirotic
    Butler
    Reddick
    Shamet / Mcconnell

They clear all that salary off the books and should have enough to sign Kyrie to a 1+1 and then to a max. One question, does Anthony’s trade kicker count towards the cap?

8. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Wonder if they take Drummond....woul they really deal him to Portland for Mccollum or Nurkic?

Philadelphia really should do that trade, it makes their team so much more complete. Too bad they are too stupid and content to realize the process has gotten them to this point and they are going to settle.

9. HTM

HTM Member

For me, and obviously a lot of players share agents, this whole situation with Rich Paul + Lebron + LAL + Anthony Davis stinks to high heaven

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

In my mind, the solution is simple. Until LeBron is no longer an NBA employee (player, coach, GM, etc), Klutch Sports is forbidden from representing active NBA players. To me, the situation is no different than the standards professional sports leagues have concerning owners and conflicts of interest.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  11. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I dont see the issue with rich paul. He has done a good job marketing for lebron. I am sure lebron told davis he can get in on a lot of deals if he plays for the lakers next to him like chris paul with state farm bringing in harden.

The thing is, davis said he wants to play for a contender. The lakers are not that. Seems like davis doesnt really care about all the promises paul and lebron made him. He just wants to play for a good team in a good market. Putting the next 5 years on on a 34 year old lebron is not smart.

I am more worried about an underdog like the blazers or the pistons swooping in. I prefer him in the eas though so detroit or philly is fine.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

Lebron has NO chill
    [​IMG]

Vivi likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I just hope this ends up like with George and Kawhi.

14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You don’t see the conflict of interest involving LeBron and his relationship with Rich Paul/Klutch Sports as an active NBA player? If you think LeBron is simply a client of Klutch Sports, I have a nice waterfront property to sell you.

#214 DVauthrin, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  15. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I am sure lebron gets a cut for every teammate or player he convinces to sign with his agent making promises like you can get in on endorsements with me.

I see the issue, but dont think AD cares about all that.

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

so what do you guys think is the best offer thats realistically being offer to the pelicans?

Obviously Boston is out since they cant trade for davis while Kyrie is on the team till July. Furthermore those suggesting trading kyrie for Davis or other assets, forget that Kyrie trade value is very low atm since he will be an UFA in 6 months.

I know everyone is hating on the Lakers/Lebron, but IMO they might have the best offer reported (Ingram, Kuzma, Lonzo, Zuback + 2 1st rounder unprotected.)

I'd personally agree with Nate Duncan and his colleagues on his trade podcast that a Knicks offer of top 1 protected pick + Porzingus (who will be RFA) would be the best offer, except I dont believe the Knicks would offer that. (unless davis agrees to an extension) Imagine doing the trade and Davis leaving the next year!

Ben simmons + zhaier + salary filler would beat LA's offer but does Philly really offer that?

While I prefer Toronto's young players to the Lakers young core (not a fan of lonzo at all)... they seem to be universally recognize as more valuable.

#216 blahblehblah, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun think Boston is out entirely, as I think a summer move could be possible.

It begs the question when and how they do the trade.

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Oh totally agree! And by no means am I suggesting they are out. Just questioning what realistic offers before the trade deadlines are out there that is better than the Lakers.

I think lonzo stinks, Ingram might be good but def not great or close to it and probably same with kuzma though with much lower ceiling.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Entropy

Entropy Member

If Pelicans decide to not trade him and make him play out his contract, expect Davis to fake a lingering injury ala Kawhi and sit out for 2 seasons. "My finger still doesn't feel right."

20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Is there a scenario for teams that get AD for rental can trade him again to highest bidder during the summer if he still doesn't want to extend?