1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] 76ers suspend Kirilenko

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NotChandlerParsons, Jan 9, 2015.

1. NotChandlerParsons

He's being a huge baby again and refusing to report. Man up, there's only half a season left!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...irilenko-for-failure-to-report-161453666.html

2. arjun

arjun Member

why do the sixers want him to report...like seriously lol...why....just let him go.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So he can get stats and then they can trade him at the deadline for a pick. The Sixers gain nothing by releasing him. Might as well force him to play.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'd want us to pick him up if he became available...

5. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

We should have done that to Asik

6. baubo

baubo Member

We actually wanted Asik to play in the playoffs. Sixers don't care. They just want a chance at a 2nd round pick should Kirilenko play well.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Nets could've suspended him but didn't because his wife has a medical issue.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Doesn't he have a long history of this crap?

9. NotChandlerParsons

Nah, he's fine.

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Good. I don't care if they're a crap team. He signed a contract, he needs to do the bare minimum and at least show up. I have no sympathy for anyone who thinks they can stay home and collect checks, especially after the Royce White fiasco. And at least White could claim a medical issue.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Still odd. How hard is it to make a phone call or email about that?

By all accounts, sports teams are pretty accomodating for family issues.

12. NotChandlerParsons

Oh I didn't mean to imply that he has an excuse. Yeah, he has a super long history of being a giant crybaby. He even demanded to be released from his contract so he could return to Russia and play basketball.

13. NotChandlerParsons

Back when he played with the Jazz, that is, and that fascist Sloan wanted him to do things like attend practice.

14. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

As several have stated, I have zero sympathy for anyone who signed a contract and suddenly doesn't want to show up. Who gives a crap if they're a lottery team? You're their employee and they cut the checks.

Normal people can quit their jobs if they're unhappy, but normal people don't get their salaries guaranteed for years in the future if they suck at their job. Being unable to leave a bad situation is the sacrifice NBA players are required to make for those guaranteed deals. Kirilenko wants to have his cake and eat it too, and I'm glad the team isn't putting up with that.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Geez... this story with planted "source" quotes about Hinkie just wreaks of crybaby nonsense, and the Nets trying to look like they aren't the bad guys.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/09/did-the-sixers-gm-double-cross-andrei-kirilenko/

You don't want to play for the Sixers... you don't have to. Just forfeit your 3 million dollar contract.

And giving the Sixers a guilt trip about the paycut you took to sign with the Nets... why is that their problem?

The fact is, he's under contract. I'm not buying this whole "Hinkie had a handshake agreement thing to waive AK". Sounds to me like Billy King is trying to not sound like the bad guy. Fact is, he traded him to Philly. He wasn't doing him a favor. If they were so worried about his happiness on the court, they should have waived him themselves instead of trying to shed his salary by trading him.

Same ole dysfunctional Nets organization. Shame for Brooklyn. That could have been a really cool team in a cool basketball city.

16. awc713

awc713 Member

Dont want him here.

Not just because of his history (per Terry, I guess we can get over anything)...I just dont think he has anything to offer us that we dont already have. Why give him minutes that belong to Brewer/Pap/Smoove/etc...

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Cyberx mentioned that there was a family issue that kept him from playing. Surely Hinkie would understand, right?

18. NotChandlerParsons

Is the family issue that he wants to stay home and play video games instead of going to work, because I have a lot of family issues.

19. Pringles

Pringles Member

He wants to be released to play for another team. And at the very least he can still report to the team.

No sympathy. This guy is pathetic.

20. bongman

bongman Member

Hinkie knows how to tank. Royce White and now this guy.