1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards Acquire Trevor Ariza

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Dec 14, 2018.

1. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Unfortunately, it seems that way. It's like all of the GM's in the league decided together to stop letting Morey screw them over in trades.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's the question, we'll see i guess...Washington as today are trash and they won't have bird rights to resign Trevor over the cap, it's also likely they won't have more than the tax MLE to offer him so, unless they make other moves i really don't get how they'll keep him...aside for the fact that Trevor could very well leave by himself, really not sure he's that happy to get traded to the Wizards to play with Wall and Dwight. Regardless, just remember that ch said that in a buyout scenario Trevor would consider coming back so...there's some hope at least.

3. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Veteran leadership" and Austin Rivers

LOL Suns...

Who is Ryan gonna talk to & hang out with now?

Vivi likes this.
  5. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Morey would rather save those 2nd rounders for jabooty parker and jr smith

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This would absolutely piss me the hell off! Lebron just said he doesn't want to give up any young players for Ariza, SO now Washington, Memphis and the Suns pull off a nonsensical deal so Ariza can live in his old house and wait to be bought out and then go to the Lakers.. I hope there is some rule were Ariza can't get bought out so soon after getting traded...

Anything for Lebron. He is orchestrating this whole thing.

7. Game7

Game7 Member

Dwight and Ariza reunion! Gross!

8. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Wow, that reminds me of Thibs not wanting to give us Jimmy Butler, except now it's slightly amusing cause it screws over the Lakers.

9. Rockets Fan Trapped In MN

Rockets Fan Trapped In MN Contributing Member

I was actually thinking that would give the Rockets some hope of signing him. I would think his role on the Rockets would be much more substantial than with the Lakers, whatever he might think of Lebron and LA.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can really see Trevor having interest in finish his career in a contender like Washington with great players like Wall and Dwight.

[​IMG]

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

It’s 60 days for any transactions to complete their cooling off period, so it’ll be around ASB (and before March 1 final roster date) Ariza will be able to be waived* if WAS wanted to do so.

*Edit: I mean bought out, not waived.

cdxiong and DreamShook like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I read somewhere that Ariza wants to go back home to LA. If he is bought out, I don't see him signing with Houston.

14. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Damn......I didn't think of that. Annnnnnnd my night is ruined.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Oubre wasn’t going to resign in Washington so they dealt him for a couple 2nd’s. It basically tells us that no one (including Morey) would give up a #1 for Oubre.

I like the deal for Washington. Ariza has his best season with Wall and he will help them fight to make the playoffs.

From the Suns perspective it clears time for Jackson.

Memphis gives up a pair of 2nd’s for a solid defender that can’t hit 3’s but can score inside.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Turns out the Suns nullify the trade cause they thought they were getting the other Brooks, i can actually see this happen lol

Amel likes this.
  17. Rockets Fan Trapped In MN

Rockets Fan Trapped In MN Contributing Member

Maybe. But we also heard that Ariza to LA was a "done deal". I'll hold out hope until after the buyout period.

18. vick

vick Member

If nothing else Rockets will buy out players. Tilman will not pay tax on this Rocket team.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh I thought he could shoot.. I'm less angry.

20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

We just going to ignore that the dumbass suns could have gotten oubre but instead wanted austin rivers and trash