1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With the moves, are the Rockets a better team than the Blazers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jharden13, Dec 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We lost to the Blazers by 2 points...2 total points. All of the games we played with them, most went to OT and in the end they beat us by two points.

They won BARELY by the skin of their teeth.

Harden is better. Even if he has a poor offensive game, he's going to compete on defense and that's all the difference of 2 points right there. Yep, they do not scare me much.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What is this kind of mentality? We should be taking pride in saying we are better than the Spurs, Memphis, GSW, Dallas and OKC.

The best of the West who are also playoff teams. Portland is a perennial second round threat.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The rockets were better than the Blazers pre moves. Remember, we were one blown foul call and one idiotic technical foul away from trouncing those guys. That doesn't even include the fact that Lillard and Aldridge had to play damn near perfect basketball, Harden couldn't find his shot, and Lin doing everything he could to bone us. Also, .9 seconds my ass, serious home cooking there.

4. AFS

AFS Member

They won in 6 games. That's not barely beating us. Yes, there were some calls that didn't go the Rockets way, but the Blazers were the better team that series. Lillard and Aldridge dominated and Harden didn't show up until it was too late.

But yes, Harden is a lot better than he was last year. His added midrange game and post game will be much more effective in the playoffs, as well as his improved playmaking. The Rockets are a much better team this year with our depth.

5. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

They've always been better than the Blazers. They could play that series another 1000 times and Aldridge would never play as well as he did last year, again.

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

4-2 Roxs. Ezzy Peezy.

7. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

We have better players. We're still young. The focus shouldn't be on the Blazers, it should be on developing chemistry and staying healthy. When the playoffs come around we have the talent to win it all.

**** the rest.

8. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I like how you think. Harden took away those same two points you speak of last night with that game winning block. We are better then the Blazers this year. (Pre and Post Josh Smith)

9. baubo

baubo Member

As others have noted, much of the loss last year can be attributed to no one being able to guard LMA without sacrificing too much in other areas. This year, we have Josh Smith and DMo who both should be able to contain him one-on-one. This means no Dwight on LMA to open up the driving lane, or twin towers to screw up our offense.

Not that any of the WC playoff teams are easy, but the teams I'm most afraid of are the full squad Thunder and the Clippers, who for whatever reason just always kill us no matter how mediocre they look against other teams.

10. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

LMA played great but it took McHale until 2nd QTR of game 3 to start double teaming LMA. I figured out by the 3rd QTR of game 1 this wasn't a fluke and was screaming at the TV to double team his arse. I don't think McHail makes that mistake again.

Besides McHail, we were a better team last year. This year, we're even better.

11. Jharden13

Jharden13 Member

I'm sorry but those are more excuses than anything else. Harden struggles weren't just because he has sucked in the playoffs Matthews defended him well

12. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

I hope the Blazers and Rockets meet again in the playoffs. There's no way we wouldn't win, who's with me?