1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With the 14th pick in the NBA draft, the Houston Rockets select...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zainahsan93, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

If we use the 4th pick to get Enes Kanter than I would love that trade!

2. scola mullet

scola mullet Member

patrick peterson

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I want him and everytime he makes a block I can yell Bismack, averaging 10 blocks a game is INSANE.

Dikembe Mutombo Jr., folks.

4. Cowboii

Cowboii Member

Terrence Jones!

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Biyombo will be gone before 14

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If Kanter lasts until 8 I could see the Rockets making a trade to move up to try to get him. Whatever Biyombo did in the Nike Hoops Summit, Kanter was much better the previous year. Plus he's gotten a whole year of practicing against Kentucky players, which is like the NBA prep team, so he's basically been like Blake Griffin except he's been healthy.

Otherwise, between Kanter, Vesely, and Motiejunas, I bet Morey has his eye on one of them and would be willing to package our 23 even to move up 2-3 spots to get one of them if they were still available.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We really need to trade up..

If we draft at #14 I want Jordan Hamilton, Tristan Thompson, Alec Burks or Kawhi Leonard. I think Hamilton will be a very good player in the league.

8. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

People actually wanna pick Jimmer? The guy has bust written all over him. Shooter but with zero defense or shot creating ability against bigger defenders.

I really like Kemba though. He's like a mini Derrick Rose.

9. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

You must not have found out, the 1983 draft class wasn't very good either. (With the exception of Houston getting Sampson at #1)

All I was saying is that it is ignorant to say that no good players will be left by the 14th pick.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Heres a good question. Who do you all think will be the "hidden gem" outside of the lottery? According to the current DX mock. I will take the easy road and say one of the Morris twins. Another pick would be Jeff Taylor.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Chris Singleton

If the Rockets keep the 23rd pick and he is still there I hope they grap him. He is going to be another stud defender at the 3 spot IMO.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

My crystal ball is not working so I cant say where he will be drafted but the Rockets sure need to get him. NBA draft which did a pretty good job on their mock draft last year has him in the back of the 1st round... not a lottery. DX has him at number 7. An NBA GM said he looks like a mid to late 1st round pick. I really hope the Rockets get this guy though.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

With all the hype that he has been creating, i'm thinking DX is right on this one.

14. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Trade all the team's picks plus any TE for a proven player.:)

15. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I wouldn't call Jimmer a bust, but I really don't want to see any more no-D players here. Maybe if we're also trading Bud and Scola.

16. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Weak level of competition. Eurocup (level below the Euroleague) and Italian League (very mediocre national league).

You can't judge him by that level of competition, as it is FAR LOWER than the Euroleague level.

17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

THIS. Then maybe we'll play some defense...

18. what

what Member

Last year Larry Sanders went 15th. So, i'd say if BISMACK BIYOMBO goes that high it'd be a huge reach.

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Had to check out this Bismack kid's info. Holy smokes...this guys got a 7' 7 " wingspan?

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I would bet on that kid from Richmond and Jimmer. People are saying the same things about Jimmer that were said about Stephen Curry. Didn't matter. When a kid has the ability to throw the ball into a straw from downtown Dallas, he can be a player in the NBA.