1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With the 14th pick in the NBA draft, the Houston Rockets select...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zainahsan93, Apr 14, 2011.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I beg to differ. He's a semi polished player and a fantastic passer. Great BBIQ too. RA's wet dream.

2. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

Clyde Drexler. 14th pick of the 1983 draft

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you must not have found out, this draft sucks!!!!

4. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Did the OP really just say that Jimmer and Kemba would be SIGNIFICANT UPGRADES over Lowry and KMart?

I hear the TWolves are looking for a new GM, you'd be perfect.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Or they know that Morey drafts BPA

1 person likes this.
  6. Stepping Razor

This, I am tired of us drafting a player just to draft them and send them overseas or to the D-League for like 5 seasons. We NEED A CENTER, may be a SF if a center can't be had. If anything we need to draft the best players available and then try to trade up for a top 5 pick. We need a stud on this team!

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

The Cavs are rebuilding. They have no desire for Scola. It would take Lowry to get their 8th pick. Do you want to trade Lowry.

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

His also a good rebounder, alters a ton of shots and is a good all around team defender, makes up for a lot of mistakes of the wing defenders. Offensively, his still very raw given that his only 18yrs old. But already possesses good mechanics in his jumpshot and also has good fundamental foot work.

But truth be told his development has been nothing short of extraordinary given the parameters of his situation. This kid didn't even pick up a basketball until he was 14yrs old (4yrs ago). To get a reference point, he first picked up a basketball when the Rockets were in the playoffs against the Utah Jazz in 2007. But yet his understanding, overall IQ of the game and development is almost beyond believe, given the amount of exposure his had to the game.

Not to mention physically he already has a great frame, and is an overall dynamic athlete(lateral quickness, explosiveness, etc). In addition to his ridiculous 7'7 wingspan and 9'3 standing reach.

Also prior to basketball he played a ton of soccer, which could explain his ability to run and leap like a gazzell.

Here's some highlight video for others to see:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ntd4eRA-OEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Best PG left, then trade Goran high

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Bismack!

This kid should be our top priority in the draft. He is exactly what we were missing this past season.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Speaking of Motiejunas, there's new highlights of his, from this year and last year play..

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IFqK-YXlsHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

lol he is lulzy. Lowry at his current level would average 35/10/10 for a season in college.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

A team like Detroit might want Scola. A Monroe / Scola front court would almost guarantee Detroit would make the play-offs next season. Post all-star break Monroe averaged 14pts and 10 rebounds, add Scola's 18 pts and 8 rebs to that and you will have one of the best front courts in the league next season.

14. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Terrance Jones is someone I would like on the Rockets.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^Quoted for Truth...

I like Jimmer's game but I think he'd be a terrible choice for this team...

16. eman

eman Contributing Member

Holy crap! What do we need to do to get this guy?

17. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

lol harrison barnes > jordan hamilton

18. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Fixed;)

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Is Biyombo basically Garnett part II?

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I believe DraftExpress has this one nailed with Biyomba going to the Pistons at the 7th pick. The only way we have a shot at him is to trade up to 4 or 6 to get him. I don't see the Kings trading away their 5th pick and I'm afraid they may just decide to take him themselves to team him with Cousins. So, is he worth trading up to #4 for?

Would you trade Scola, Thabeet, Hill, Miller, Bud, and Orlando's 23 pick for Rashard Lewis and the #4 pick???