1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With the 14th pick in the NBA draft, the Houston Rockets select...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zainahsan93, Apr 14, 2011.

1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Respect the dead the dead man. The Rox could of had Jefferson, Parker and played Arenas at the 2. Oh well.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Do you all think in a so-called weak draft that any team is going to want to trade down? I don't. I say keep our picks and let Morey do his magic. Currently, Kanter, Jones, Valanciunas and any other lottery pick above 14 are out of the question.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Also, we did the best player available thing last year and ended up with our PF of the future. I say go all in on a center project or the best center available. Use our other 2 picks to address our SF situation and another big man.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

There is nothing for enchanting than watching the magic of Morey in the draft.

5. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I highly doubt we will be able to find anyone that fills our needs at 14. We will have to take best player available, then hope to work a trade by packaging other picks or young talent.

Kanter has bad knees. I would hate to see us pick him up. Please, no more gambles or taking on risks.

I hope we end up with Biyombo and Kawhi Leonard.

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Nene is only a FA if the nuggs decline his option (not happening)

Gasol or the draft is our best shot before Dwight Howard next summer.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Don't forget Deandre.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

My first thought when I saw his post ..... then I recall a post I made recently (cant search , member status) which questions how he fits in on the offensive end - doing the dirty work , hitting the 15 footer and a host of other questions ..... That said , I'd likely take a shot with DeAndre. He's exactly what this team lacks on the defensive end and could really excell in this offensive system .... think he gets a lot of dunks with the Clippers ? Double that with this offense.

9. lalala902102001

This draft is going to be a crap shoot. It's very hard to predict who will be available at No. 14. One thing that Morey and his team have proved is that they are very good at evaluating talents and I trust that they will do a good job.

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Hmm, in that case I suppose they'll just end the draft after the 13th pick?

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

With the 14th pick, the Rockets will select .......for Orlando as part of the blockbuster trade for D.Howard.....Oh not Dwight .......his lil brother

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I love Luis Scola as much as anyone in Houston, but unfortunately, he just isnt a great fit with the current unit with the Rockets. I can see him being the primary bait to draw in a taker to trade up in the draft.

The Cav's have to top ten picks and likely would be the primary canidate to look at Scola as an upgrade at the PF spot. They currently have the 1st pick (which they will not trade) and the 8th pick.

It's a lopsided trade on paper in the Cav's favor but if you trade Scola, the 23rd pick, or the 14th pick for the 8th pick you might be able to get Enes Kanter.

-More likely is if the Rockets do not find any takers to move up in the draft I predict them taking one of the Morris brothers, or Alec Burks.

-With the 23rd pick I believe the Rockets would love for Chris Singleton out of Florida State to still be available, however its unlikely.

13. Aemon

Aemon Contributing Member

Kenneth Faried may fit well in the RA system. Personally, I would like to see Bismack Biyombo.

14. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Why would we want Enes Kanter? Hasn't that bum only played basketball for like three years or something?

Because THAT'S always a great sign...

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Shoot me now:eek:

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Hakeem hadn't touched a basketball before 17... that's a lame excuse. Kanter is a surefire top 10 pick and the Rockets need legitimate size in the paint.

17. eman

eman Contributing Member

Lowry, Scola, Miller, Thabeet, Williams to NOH for CP3 and Emeka.

The kingdom for a horse, and one fast pony!

2012 (2013?) roster:
    CP3/Dragic
    Martin/Lee
    Bud/Coach Battier/Blakely? or whatever help we can draft?
    PPat/Hayes/Okafor/Hill
    Yao/Okafor/Hayes/Hill

18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Jesus Christ, y'all are some miserable depressing-ass people.

19. Moahst

Moahst Member

I want Donatas Montiejunas, but he's not likely a Morey style pick. Big ego, poor defense, outside shooting seven footer. I can see the Mavs looking to him as their Dirk replacement if they can figure out a way to trade up.

20. conquistador#11

Do these draft experts even research? Every single place I visit, they have us selecting a power foward, around 6'9. We have a ton of those.

It's either going to be a small foward that can play offense and defense or a center. Somewhere in the world, there has to be a young seven footer better than Thabeet.