1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With the 14th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft the Houston Rockets select

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEAT LA, Apr 25, 2010.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now i am assuming they will pick a center with that 14th. Now that Vesely is out and Donatas possibly playing another year abroad, again i say, Solomon Alabi.

2. HOUSTONROCKETS5

Why not Daniel Orton..... His as big as a project as Alabi, but much younger :grin:

his rumored to have like a 7'6 wingspan, add that to his 6'11 "Tank" frame, the dude can be beast... I wouldn't mind having a project big like that, to develop with Jordan Hill ...

--RB

3. Turpis

Turpis Member

Well for sure Rockets are not drafting Jan Vesely cause he opted out of this year's draft... :(

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I hate to agree with you, but your probably right. We always tend to regret those meaningless late season wins when out of the playoff picture. Hopefully this go around is different in that Morey is loaded with legitimate assets to move up or back in this draft. Personally I want a shot blocking big with true size and upside. Way to early to tell who goes where and who the rockets have a shot at. I would be surprised if the rockets stay married to the 14th spot especially with Moreys propensity to make moves. This is a very deep draft for bigs.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I like Alabi, and I don't think he'd be a reach, really, at 14. Guys like him tend to be late risers on the draft boards.

I see Cole Aldrich as being a late faller and he could fall to us, where he would be a great pick.

I would also be okay with some of the other guys mentioned here, like Udoh, etc.

Two players I DO NOT want are Hassan Whiteside and Demarcus Cousins... I don't even care whether Cousins somehow falls to us... not taking him. No guys with huge character problems.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Here is Whiteside in a nutshell:

DO NOT WANT.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

If Whiteside was a smart, hard worker I would say take him in a heartbeat even with all his glaring weaknesses. But then again, if he was a smart hard worker, he probably wouldn't have those weaknesses in the first place, or at least not to such a crippling extent.

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If Whiteside was all of the above, he would be a top 3 pick with his size, talent and potential upside. Someone will take a chance on him, but I feel there going to have to wait awhile to see if the kid can eventually produce. Scary to think that some of these immature kids will become instant millionaire's on draft night.

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Whiteside, Anderson, Hayward or Udoh, although only Anderson and Hayward will probably be available at #14. Tough call, but I think #14 would be better to trade than #8.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Is it possible to trade for the rights to Rubio in the draft? Give our 14th for his rights?

How much longer is Rubio's contract in Europe?

11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...may_be_looking_for_point_guard/#ixzz0mDpQjsrd

I wouldn’t be surprised if they called Morey on draft night about a possible trade for Aaron Brooks. As long as they are in the top 5-6 I wouldn’t be opposed.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

"Stuckey is considered a better scorer than set-up man."

Brooks is considered a better scorer than a set-up man as well. Don't know why the Pistons need him.

13. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

"The Houston Rockets have traded the 14th pick, Toronto is now on the clock"

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

15. brosef

brosef Member

are you drunk? tripping on shrooms maybe?

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Originally Posted by DaDakota
    Trevor had a decent run....but he has been worse than barbacoa puke this year.
    DD

Trevor Ariza 2009/2010
    FG% 39.4, P/gm 14.9, 3pts% 33.49, RBS 5.6/gm, Ast/gm 3.8, Stl/gm 1.75,
    BL.gm .56, TO/gm 2.24, Fl/gm 2.3

Looks like a contributor to me.......... :p

17. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

How can you trip on shrooms? They're only 3 inches tall, and they knock over very easily.

18. herro

herro Member

Gregory Monroe or Whiteside please.

19. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Hawks might sell pick?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsMx17pG_FxcLClpe_eKLYq8vLYF?slug=aw-brown042610

Considering the fact that the Lakers sold their pick for the same amount of cash last season and we spent $2.5 million on 2nd rounders, I'd say $3 million for their pick is a bargain.

Do we go after it?

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why do you even need to ask? DM will be on that faster than you can say linear regression analysis