1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With more doubts, GS is next hurdle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 19, 2015.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Iam enjoying all the "they were exhausted" " They gave it away Hou didnt win it" comments from ESPN and all the other networks that decide not to give our FIGHT, or our Heart any credit for one of the best comebacks in the history of the game.(both game 6 and being 3-1 down)

And i think in Game 7 we saw something different from our rockets that we haven't seen all year...Incredible Team Basketball(22assists on 35 FGs), We are trusting each other more than ever and this isn't the same team that got blown out Games 3,4.

WE have a daunting task ahead of us and everyone is already putting GS into the Finals, which hopefully just adds more fuel to this teams fire, but how do we beat one of the best teams the NBA has ever seen?

1.Make the paint our home
    This is our biggest advantage in the series, and we HAVE to take capitalize on it on a consistent basis....Offensive rebounds are HUGE, while i don't think we necessarily need to win the rebounding margin because of how good they shoot i do think we need to consistently attack the paint, and at the same time close out the 3 pt shooters they have and force them to do the same.

2.Win the FT battle
    Always attack, they are the #1 defensive team during the regular season, but their numbers go down significantly when Bogut is not in the game, keep attacking him and get as many Freebies as we can, Every point matters

3.Win the TO battle
    This is gonna be huge, because we have not looked as good as we did in the regular season in transition defense. We lost sight of redick a lot of times in the previous series and GS have 2 shooters who are better than redick so i fear that can burn us...Be SMART with the basketball please

4.Put Ariza on Klay
    While Curry is their best player and League MVP , he can't beat us alone, we saw that against Memphis games 2,3. Do not let the "others" beat us.
    And whoever is on curry has to force him inside the 3pt line cuz he shoots it like they are free throws.. BIGS have to help on screens until his man gets back

COME ON HOUSTON!!!! LETS SHOCK THE WORLD AGAIN!!

2. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I wonder what the media's excuse for their darlings will be if the rockets take them out?

Here is a list of possible ones
    - Memphis series threw them off, Houston different brand of basketball
    - Rockets are the inferior team but just came off emotional high beating the clippers

That's really about it, so I don't see how we don't get respect if they can pull this one out.

3. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

If the Rockets take them out would anyone in Houston really care what the media thinks? We'd all be too busy throwing a parade. :cool:

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

James has to play defense in this series, period end of story. Can't stand around watching, has to get at it...

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Be physical with Curry .... Don't give him anything without paying for it. When you foul him , get your moneys worth. Get in his head with that physical play.
    Playing solid defense on "everyone else" and forcing Curry to score rather than facilitate while being very physical with him I think is the best way to beat them. Really miss PatBev here .... The old guys have to get it done.

Don't let the the refs be a factor & stay out of foul trouble , keep them out of the penalty where their flops are much more damaging.

I think they do need to have an edge in rebounding , specifically because GS shoots such a good percentage from the field & particularly from 3. Getting second chance points and not giving them second opportunities will be huge.

Don't turn the ball over! They thrive in transition ... turnovers lead to transition opportunities. Really have to limit those.

Bottom line , how well they defend and rebound will be the biggest factors in whether they win this or not.