1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windshield Crack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hitman21, Jun 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. hitman21

hitman21 Member

My vehicle suffered a rock on the freeway and the crack is slowly expanding. I'd like to get a new windshield. Anyone know of a reputable place for reasonable price. I have a 2002 Honda Civic. Thnx.

2. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I heard windshield crack is way healthier than crack cocaine.

Affordable windshield or w/e off hillcroft and 59 fixed my (___|___) for like 160 or something.

3. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

Look around. compare prices. A lot of times these places will match someone elses price if they can.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

why not just get it "repaired" to keep it from spreading?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can't remember who did it, but some will come to your business and do it while you are at work.

It was great, they showed up, I unlocked the car, and 1 hour later I have a new windshield.

I think it was around $250 at the time...about 10 years ago.

Good luck.

DD

6. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Shouldn't u be in surgery right now?

$250 ten years ago should roughly be about 1700 in today's dollars.

7. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Make sure that whoever does it does not have BBO.

8. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I used Affordable Glass (713-920-1200). They came to my work and replaced the entire windshield for less than $220.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is it covered under your auto insurance? If so, they tend to want you to use specific places.

10. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

haha my friend said he got his lexus rx 300 rear windshield smashed, and it costed him $1500 to replace, and it only takes you guys $200, now i know he is BSing.

11. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

They are the best place in town for windshield replacement. Very affordable.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why would your friend have a Lexus and not have good enough insurance to cover a broken window?

13. Fatty FatBastard

I only carry liability, also. Full coverage is a rip-off. Unless you suck at driving.

As for me, I'm also looking around for a new windshield from my car being vandalized last year. The last time my car was vandalized, my back window cost over $500. I actually think that the Windshield might be the cheapest glass to replace.

Now. If only I could get people to stop breaking my windows.

14. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Rear windows are hardened safety glass, but not the laminate glass of a windshield. MUCH more expensive.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

my friends sister in college station just had her car burn to the point it was totaled.

truck next to her caught on fire and the wind direction was not in her favor. she was happy that she had full coverage.

personally i drive an older truck right now. its in great condition but i still only have liability. its the chance you take i guess.

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

he isn't BSing. Assuming it has the built in defroster, back glasses are much more expensive than windshields, usually running in the high hundreds to as much as $2000.

17. codell

codell Contributing Member

Do you like putting your foot in your mouth on a regular basis or what? :p

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

See if your insurance covers it - if so, you'll only pay your deductible instead of the $200-$500 you'll have to pay to replace it otherwise. Your insurance company can point you in the direction of places that will repair it. I've had 2 chips in my windshield repaired and another crack in my windshield that made me replace it all covered by insurance... my insurance never went up. Isn't there something that says rock damage to your windshield won't make your premiums go up or something? Or is that only with some insurance? I know with my insurance I can have the windshield cracked by rocks 100 times and I'd still only pay my deductible and the premiums won't ever go up.

For my rock chips, I've had these guys repair it under insurance : http://www.safelite.com/

The one I went to here in Dallas did good jobs, but they're independently owned I think, so they may suck elsewhere. For the windshield replacement, I had the dealer replace it with OEM glass instead of aftermarket glass.

19. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

http://www.atlasautoglass.com/index.htm

They're a member of the BBB, replaced my 1998 Honda Civic window for $126. They came out and gave me an estimate even though I told them I wasn't sure I was going to be able to have it replaced (dented roof). Nice people.

20. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I thought that most auto insurance companies completely covered windshield repairs?