1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Window of opportunity... closed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaunjon, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

This team does not have a single superstar on it, and only one allstar. Our starting PG is next to worthless. Battier is invisible most games. Our perimeter players can't shoot a decent percentage. Yao can get taken out of a game by a player like Fransisco Elson. This team just isn't very good.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

'

Thanks Napalm, and welcome to post hood, I don't mind people who agree or disagree as long as they care about the team.

People who disagree with me are free to be wrong, they will eventually come around.

;)

DD

3. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

wait wait wait.

just 8 hours ago everyone was saying that the locker room issues were overblown and the team was getting along just fine . . . i could have sworn there was an entire thread saying that things would be fixed as soon as they started holding hands and skipping down the street together.

and now this?

say it aint so.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly.

Any thoughts of a team lead by Yao and TMac is pure fools gold.

5. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

Agreed, Yao is easy stoppable and we have some poor offensive role players, which I guess to compliment our bad defensive players. We are very unathletic, poor shooters.

I still wish we would have kept the Yao, Francis, Mobley trio for one more year

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sounds good to me. Although Tinmans of the world beware, I became a fan during the Francis era. I am a converted hockey fan. :eek:

But one thing carries over into all sports: Its times like this that really define who the fans are. (See front page). :rolleyes:

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It is closed.
    <br>
    No matter what happens, this team can't make a serious push unless there is a major overhaul, or rebuilding..

8. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

I dunno about that... Deke was talking about the chemistry not being the same this year, and PTI had a segment on the Rockets chemistry falling apart today. I think its pretty obvious there are some locker room issues and has been, hence the dependence on Deke's return as the the need for a veteran advisor in the locker room

9. napalm06

No matter what happens,its NOT over. Call me the eternal optimist, but the playoffs are a different beast.

This team has shown inconsistencies, but they've had moments of brilliance.

Coach just has to find a way to bottle those moments.

I'm not giving up. The playoffs are when even the mediocre become great through intensity.

10. absent2007

absent2007 Member

NBA is a team game, and Rudy might be ****ty if he is not a goto guy in Rockets...so...

11. leonking

leonking Rookie

It's not only closed, but also locked.

12. napalm06

Is PTI's motivation:

A. To be Rockets fans
    or
    B. To gain viewers and hold interest.

Definitely B.

13. napalm06

Well at least we were IBTL as fans. :rolleyes:

14. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

haha.

15. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

Yea obviously, but its been pretty clear for a long time even before that that this team has had some kind of issue in the locker room this season

16. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

I believe this is the low point of the season for the Rockets, although we are still winning every other game, this team is at a crossroad.

I also believe Morey will see this just as clearly, he has proven that he is not one of these middle of the pack GM's. He has the BALLS to make that big impact move, thats what he was doing with Artest.

Listening to Morey on {610} weekly you can hear in his voice that he wants to make something happen, but he needed a clear reason to feel like this team needed a kick in the mouth.

Look for him to do something big.

As for the window, were in a deep bunker right now.

Consider Morey the carpenter, I think he needs to take it upon himself to bring a little sunshine into this dark, lonely void that is the Houston Rockets.

*POST 2*

17. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

YOu think morey will trade to make the team better or will he trade for the purpose of rebuilding???

18. DaDakota

I think he will try one more time to make it better and if it doesn't work this year or next...blow it up.

DD

19. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

Just like what Magic Johnson said early last season. One of those two has to go.

20. DaDakota

The team looked great with Wafer starting and Ron and Tmac banished.

DD