1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windhorst: “I’m hearing rumblings about Jimmy getting back to Houston”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

@mockster what's the latest bro? Too much noise without any substance in this thread right now.

mikol13 and RudyTBag like this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

I know right! Why do these employees keep saying good things about their boss? Could it be that he signs the paychecks that they live off of?

3. mockster

mockster Member

Sorry man I don’t get info like that. I have to be careful of what I put out there Aswell but as I've said everyone should just assume butler will be here. Rockets want him here, butler wants to be here. That’s pretty much a wrap. Only thing that could hinder this is working out the money. I know butler wants to get paid last I heard, idk how that will all work out or if he will take any sacrifices.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

And y'all didn't believe this greasy southern fried brock lesnar

Windhorse got connects and he delivered

@Rasheed

5. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

[​IMG]

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

@justtxyank
    Am I gonna end up having had anti jinxing the butler trade to happen

It happened with CP3.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst & Lowe

BW: Rockets have gotten through their fighting. PJ Tucker & Chris Paul are signing kumbaya. If the Rockets want Butler, which would be insane in that locker room but Daryl Morey doesn't care about chemistry, why wouldn't they call the Knicks & say if you're not getting Durant or Kawhi, why don't we send you Capela, Gordon & a 1st and you create the space for us. We don't need to do business with the Sixers.

ZL: Why don't we move on. The number one team on my free agency list was the Sixers. Now we have a plot twist. Houston appears serious about Butler. Why that's interesting to me is Philly has Butler, Harris & Redick as free agents. They could have no cap room or anywhere up to $50M+ of cap room. Jimmy stays and have $30M of cap room. Tobias stays & $38M of cap room. There's a million different ways it can go. The simplest way it can go is...the big takeaway from the playoffs is they're really good. They're close to being a championship team. Better than anyone thought. Number two, when the going got tough, they did not trust Simmons to run the offense. Butler is our point guard now. I don't know how you go from that to doing anything but offering Butler the 5-year max. Simplest outcome is max Butler. Harris becomes interesting. That has been the most logical outcome. There's noise about 25 different outcomes because they have so many balls in the air. That's been most logical to me. Houston has thrown that into some degree of gray area. Is Houston serious? How much of a threat is this to Philly?

BW: I have a difficult time understanding Houston at times. They restricted their spending last summer. OK, they had guys to pay & there's a limit for any team. They didn't use their MLE. When I say that, Daryl & Tilman get frustrated because they say they used it to sign G-League guys.

ZL: Can you keep going? What I really want is another Tilman press conference where bearded Daryl Morey looks like he's in a hostage video & one step away from mouthing to the camera "Help me!".

BW: I had some people in the league wonder if Washington tried to steal Daryl. So they go from we won't pay Ariza because we have to pay Chris Paul & Clint Capela. They don't use their MLE. In a year where Chris Paul is getting older & they have a chance, they spend assets to get out of the tax. Tilman says I don't know how we got out of the tax, it's a fluke. No, it wasn't a fluke. It was your GM making 5 different trades & using a draft pick to get out of it. Then the season ends & they have all this drama. Now Daryl is saying we'll be in the tax, no problem. Midway through last season after making all those moves to weaken the team & get out of the tax, they offer 4 first round picks for Butler.

ZL: And bad salary too. 4 bad first round picks & bad salary too.

BW: If you traded for Butler & gave those four firsts, it'd be with the understanding you're going to sign him & exploding into the tax anyways. I'm having a hard time seeing their focus. Is their focus to control costs or go all out? Now they're trying to go all out again. It's hard for me to predict what they'll do. Daryl does go big game hunting. He's bagged some big game. His daughter has a documentary on the James Harden trade. I don't know what their focus is. I was with the Knicks during their draft. My feel from the Knicks is they'll use their space to take on players but only on players they feel is useful to the group. They won't just warehouse a player they don't have use for. The named floated was like what they did with DeAndre Jordan last year. Jordan was filler in that trade. They felt there was value in having him there. They have $70M in space. If the Knicks don't get Durant, that makes the Knicks opportunistic. If you're the Rockets & have stuff on your roster you don't want & are willing to move off firsts, some of the players they want to move are quality players. Eric Gordon is a quality player. Clint Capela is on a good contract. I don't think the Heat could get bailed out. Heat have Jimmy Butler aspirations too. They'd love to get their hands on Butler. I don't see how it's happening. I was keeping an eye on their 13th pick. I'm sure they're excited about the kid from Kentucky but was wondering if that pick was available to offload players. It wasn't. The problem with those contracts is they're multiple years longer. ... If Houston wants to get involved, why not call New York & send their guys to New York & not have to worry about Philly?

ZL: I have no idea if Butler is interested in this. If there is mutual interest, what they need is a third team not only to take stuff but the threat of Butler walking to Team Y to make Philly cooperate. Philly has no incentive to help Houston. If Butler says you can S&T me and get stuff or I'm walking, then it becomes real. Maybe the Sixers say go walk, we don't want the stuff back. We're fine bringing back Tobias & JJ or filling our cap space with plan C.

BW: Or they could want Gordon.

ZL: Timing is so interesting. If the Sixers on 6:01 Sunday say he's the 5-year max, sign it, let's be done & he says 'Cool, I appreciate it but I'm gonna go take meetings.' Does Philly hold up it's business? If Kawhi wants to go to the Clippers but wants another star with him & he communicates that to that star but then says I want to meet with the Raptors again, Lakers, Knicks, Nets, does star B wait? The timing of all this is the art of free agency.

BW: There's a certain amount of players who will be tied to waiting for the stars but there's another set....are the Morris brothers waiting for Durant? No. If they get a good offer Sunday, they're taking those offers I'd think.

ZL: Do you think they join up? And how overpaid will they be?

BW: They were vastly underpaid. Marcus Morris was underpaid. Marcus needs to get paid. He has earned it. He's a desired commodity. Markieff had a injury prone year last year.

ZL: If the Sixers get cute with Tobias, everyone thinks he'll walk into a max offer somewhere else. Perhaps.

BW: I talked to this about a team yesterday. I asked is Tobias a max player? I got probably not.

ZL: Utah getting Conley took out one place. Indiana just got TJ Warren. Dallas has Luka & Porzingis. Sacramento has a bunch of threes & fours. Knicks we don't know. Brooklyn, seems there would be mutual interest but they have plan A, B, C before. New Orleans don't see it. Boston, don't see it but maybe. I don't know what the Tobias Harris team is.

BW: Brooklyn if they punt. New York has sent the vibe out they won't sign second tier free agents. ... With Philly, this decision has probably been reached awhile ago. It's 5 years or not with Jimmy and if you don't offer 5, you are admitting he'll leave.

ZL: I think the full 5 years.

BW: This is the Horford situation from last time around with Atlanta. Offered 5 but not the full max. When you talk to agents & players and even teams, they use the word max but there are two maxes. Max years and max dollars. (Jimmy) I know they'll offer the max salary but will they offer max years? Max gets thrown around too much. I get confused in conversations sometimes.

mikol13, ROXTXIA and Vivi like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol Windy has not even an idea of how the cap works? Are you ****ing serious? Smdh...

luckyman76, mikol13 and J Sizzle like this.
  9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Watching Windhorst sit at the same table with NBA greats is always amusing. You can tell the players don't respect him.

luckyman76 likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Windhorst and Lowe don't address what seems to be the case: Morey and Tilman ducked below the tax this year to avoid the repeater tax in the future, knowing they would be in the luxury tax for the next few seasons.

Whether that involves Butler, we shall see.

luckyman76, mikol13 and jch1911 like this.
  11. izeroi

izeroi Member

Windy too good for his sandwich

12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

It was like the video with the fired Tom Penn and Dan Patrick that don’t know **** either. It’s like Chris Broussard they all have the same hive brain and that means they hate Houston but somehow mildly respect Morey’s intelligence. They have no respect for Harden. It’s all lip service so they can bash him. I have to think Butler wants to go to a championship team. With Harden that has got to be the sell and extending his career. Everyone sure is pissed and negative about us targeting Butler. I wonder why... I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Morey has been communicating a lot lately with Ainge.

Vivi likes this.