1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Win game 5 and anything can happen...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, May 25, 2015.

1. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

In these Playoffs, the Rockets have been like a student cramming last-minute study for exams. We don't do any of the hard work when we should, but when it looks like we're about to die and when most would give up, we work tremendously well under stress and get an A+ in the exam :)

1 person likes this.
  2. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

One game at a time. The Warriors are on the back foot now and winning Game 5 would put us in an incredible position.

Just one more game at this stage. Anything's possible.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I can't tell if you're joking. In this series GS blew us out once. In their arena we lost by a combined 5 points. I think we could totally win game 5. It depends more on which Rockets team shows up. Golden State is far more consistent. At our best though of course we can beat them on their court. We were two plays away in game 1 and one play away in game 2.

4. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

totally agree but more like an A not A+ :eek:

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It worked for me last series. :)

In all honesty, I do think this thing ends in Game 5. Yes, anything is possible. But it's very unlikely. They are the better team and we even struggled in Game 4 to hold on. It took a masterful performance from Harden and many other players. Just Hard to see that happening again on another night on the road against this ridiculously good team.

They are ridiculously good. No shame in that. They have a team that would be a problem for the 72-10 Bulls. They actually had a tougher conference to get out of.

So yes, there's always hope in basketball because it's just one game. But being realistic, series probably ends Wednesday.

6. MattM

MattM Member

I think this team plays better, MUCH BETTER facing elimination

7. Zbed

Zbed Member

We need to play game 5 like it's game 7 cause then we can bring it back home for game 6 and that puts us in good position to pull this thing off.

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

One thing people are forgetting is the rockets came out flat in game 6 elimination against the clippers. If we go down by 19 in the 3rd against GSW, it's over. There won't be a miracle come back if your down that much in a single game against a team trying to get their first trip to the finals in forever.

9. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Elimination Mode...engaged. Target, Game 5.

We got this.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Games one and two were so close; could have easily been wins for the Rockets. Now all you can do is just focus on the next game. Don't look at the "odds" because there appears to be no chance. The Warriors are likely talking "blow out" on their home court. Be nice if Brewer joined the series.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not true. The Rockets came out playing well against the Clippers in Game 6. McHale actually derailed their momentum late in the 2nd quarter with an arbitrary intentional foul on DeAndre. It was the 3rd quarter where everything fell apart before the epic comeback began.

I agree though that spotting the Warriors a huge lead in Game 5 can't happen. Yes, the Rockets came back from 17 down in Game 2 to lead by 6 in the 3rd quarter, but that likely won't happen again. To win Wednesday night, they'll have to keep the game close or have a small lead the entire way.

12. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

Let's not get carried away with how great this team is. They were a great regular season team that was excellent at blowing inferior teams out. They did lose to the Spurs 3 times and lost a key showdown to the cavs. I'm still not sure they will beat a Kevin Love less Cavs team. The Grizz were without Allen at the end of that series or else it would have gone 7 games
    The 96 Bulls team is vastly superior. With the NBA rules of 96 they would have swept the Ws and embarrassed our Rockets team. With today's rules the Ws may have squeezed a win. 96 bulls dominate this team in the paint with Rodman rebounding and Jordan posting up. Also pippen, Jordan, and Harper make the splash brothers look average with 1996 NBA rules. With today's rules, splash brothers do their thing a little bit. But Jordan averages 40 in that series.

To keep it in prospective the 95 Rockets would sweep the 2015 rockets too.

13. Omar Sneed

Omar Sneed Member

Pure gold from Zaza

14. RCPM

RCPM Member

I still BELIEVE! GO ROCKETS!!!

15. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

They actually played 2 close games in GS. I feel confident they'll show up again

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

The good thing is, They (GS and particularly Curry) are still just thinking it's some anomaly and that we can't do it. You'd think after two near defeats in their house, with everything on their side, they would be more humble, but Curry at the podium basically calling his shot for Wednesday... still. They don't realize how close they are to having been down 3-1. That's a good thing.

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

After game two I made a 100$ bet with a friend that we would game back and win the series....

Let's get this money

18. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Won't happen. The Warriors is not the Clippers, who is a pretender. They are just too good, too disciplined to lose to the Rockets at home.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rockets would be in great position if they can chase Danny Green and Dunleavy in the off season.

These two off the bench would make this team contenders.

Two guys that can facilitate a bit off the dribble.

I think the only star move I would accept is Milsap.

But other then that, this series has showed that the Rockets are really close to being a championship squad.

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I hope you didn't just take 1:1 odds. After game 2 the books were paying $1750 on a $100 bet for the Rockets winning the series.