1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Willis Signs With Arch Rival!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippendagimp, Aug 26, 2002.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Well that's true, I guess when you join the Spurs or the Jazz or the Lakers you're public enemy #1, I respect that! :)

2. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Unless DRob is completely, totally, done, I see no role for Willis. The Spurs are a better team at this point (especially on defense) with TD and Rose, TD and DRob, or DRob and Rose maning the two post positions. If Willis was loocking for a ring and larger role LA would have been the better choice. But he is a good locker room guy and 4th big guy for the Spurs if they need him, so you can't fault the Spurs even though I think many overestimate this moves actual impact.

3. Stylez

Stylez Member

I agree w/ Desert Scar on the point that Willis won't turn the Spurs into NBA Champs over the Laks and SAC but it is a solid move for them. Who knows what DRob has left in the tank and an extra big man never hurts. I really liked KWill and wish he could have stayed to kick Cato in the ass and make him work. He's a good locker room guy and is an asset to any team even if he doesn't get big min. Hopefully he doesn't light a fire under TD and make him more agressive and even more dominant.