1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Willie Reed signs with the Clips

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I would rather have Reed for the same amount of money as Black. He was key in the Heat's 2nd half resurgence and at times seemed to be more effective than Whiteside.

RocketsTruth and arabrocket like this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That's a really cheap deal. I'm glad we have Black though. He's got a history with us, we know he'll fit in. He's also actually younger than Reed. The Clippers got a hell of a steal, though.

saleem likes this.
  3. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

We are going to just completely ignore the year of chemistry nene built?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

nvm the fact that nene is the much better player

5. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

clippers made some good moves this offseason after knowing their star wanted out

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

who gets injured every year

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

chemistry doesn't help you win games sitting on the bench the last 3.5 games of the conf semi's

8. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

nene is a better player than reed, and we already signed black who fits the team better than reed.

grass is always greener for people at clutch fans. People just love to b**** about something. Now its the 3rd string center.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

who's b****ing? you are as usual in every f'n thread since you showed up here smh

nene's been injured every single year over the past 7. odds are it'll happen again next year and the one after that. just b/c he's a great guy doesn't mean we need to overlook this

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would have preferred Wille over Tarik. I'm happy that Nene is staying with Houston too.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think tarik is a better post defender than willie and perhaps better rebounder, plus like nene he's a great lockerroom guy. i don't think we can go wrong with tarik at the BAE

and besides the injury issues, the reason i prefer willie over nene is that our roster is almost devoid of athletes. willie would give us one more guy (besides capela) who can actually play above the rim

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

ill take the much better player over a guy who can barely play 15 mins a night if even allowed into the game

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

nene could barely play 18min a night, and that's with taking games off in between. and then out for the season after 8 playoff games. injuried every single year and already age 35 in a couple months. worse rebounder and rim protector than reed. twice the price. i love nene's attitude but personally i prefer reed at this stage of their careers

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's by design to keep him as fresh as possible. willie reed on the other hand not so much. he just can't stay on the floor long enough or it isn't ideal for him to. and personally i wouldn't want a guy just learning to play in the league at 27 on a veteran team.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

reed played ~15mpg and in more games than nene last season, so it's not as if he's not a servicable player or fresh out of ukraine

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually nene played more including playoffs. don't really see how that puts reed over nene. i could see this view over someone like black but for nene I definitely don't, especially factoring in the vet experience and well known respect. reed has no experience

17. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

You will defend morey no matter what huh

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we already have a ton of vets in the lockerroom, and we don't have athletes who can play above the rim. so fit-wise i prefer reed over nene. and of course nene is still a better player, but that's when he can actually play....he like the jaguar or alfa of nba players :D

19. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Stop it

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

do we? that are battle tested and actually have a voice? I don't recall many in the lockeroom