1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Williams threw down on Ming???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Aug 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. CoPilot

CoPilot Member

2. i_killed_kenny

JAY WILLIAMS:

On his explosiveness on drive late in first half:
    "I just saw an opportunity and tried to take advantage of it. The ball just slipped out of my hands. I don't think he (Yao Ming) was quite ready for it. His being 7'5" he probably didn't think a little guy was going to challenge him but he showed a lot of talent tonight. He definitely blew away my expectations of him. He's a really good basketball player and he showed that tonight. I just tried to surprise him a little."

Going up on him and scoring on him tonight at the end of the game. Did you dunk on him?
    "I didn't really dunk on him, but I did challenge him."

How he felt getting his first game experience:
    "It felt good. My hip felt good. It was a little rough because you try to go so hard so quick and I couldn't really get into a flow like I liked to, but it was good. I was glad to be a part of the team and get a chance to play with a lot of these great players. We're getting better and better each game. It is nice to get this first game under my belt."

3. aznlincolnpark

I dont dink anyone have dunk on yao ming before after all...
    At the end of the last night game, yao ming didnt want to challenge Jwill's dunk.. That why Jwill got 2 points last night...
    What a wise guy, he was. :D

4. WNBA

WNBA Member

who can post J.Williams' stat of last night??

5. Texan69128

Texan69128 Member

Damn Espn guys, there is now way!

6. JamesC

JamesC Member

If the game had been close Yao would've done the same thing to Jay that Hakeem did to Rod Strickland in the playoffs.

7. Since75

Since75 Member

Everyone calm down about the dunk or attempted dunk. Remember this: Everyone has at some point in their NBA career been dunked on. Even Michael Jordan, the best ever. A dunk only counts for 2 points. Is it good for highlights? Sure. I'd rather Yao get dunked on by Kobe or Shaq in the WCF's but have the last laugh when that dunk comes with the Lakers down by 3 points and the clock runs out. The bottom line is always scoreboard! Losers take pride in the thought that " Atleast I dunked on Yao". How weak is that?

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Usually, almost succeeding is the same as failing.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Jay Williams stats:

2 pts
    1 assist
    1 rebound
    1 turnover

Yao Ming Stats:

13 pts
    11 rbs
    6 blocks
    3 assists
    3 steals

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]

That looks like the face of man who knows he is going to get SWATTED!!!

11. moomoo

moomoo Member

Ahem ahem...*sniff*....*sniff*.....Ummmm...Jay who?

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Caption for the following picture:

Jay Williams with eyes closed and a look of terror on his face thinks to himself, "Damn I'm jumping as high as I can and this guy is just standing flat footed laughing in my face! Oh ****, I want to go back to Duke!"