1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will You Be Dissappointed If Dwight Re-signs with Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kuku, Jun 7, 2013.

?

Will You Be Dissappointed If Dwight Re-signs with Lakers?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2013.
  1. Yes, I will be pissed. My neighbor better hide their dogs/cats.

39.2%
  2. No, as a Rockets fan, I am too numb to feel disappointment.

38.2%
  3. I have no idea. I’ll let you know when it happens.

22.6%
  1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes I will be disappointed if the Rockets don't get DH. I think the Rockets chances of getting DH are good so I am cautiously optimistic it will get done.

2. MONON

MONON Member

And if he isn't serious about winning, I don't want him anyway.

I'd be disappointed that we didn't get him, but we still have a playoff team that'll have a training camp to work things out & develop.

3. rocketblood713

I would hate him like the rest of the world does right now

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yes, I would be disappointed. When the Gasol deal was vetoed I was actually relieved. A team built around Gasol, Lowry, and Nene didn't scream contender to me. A team built around Harden and Howard does. I'm sure Morey has backup plans should Howard go elsewhere, but I still feel like it will be a wasted opportunity.

5. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

I expect he will resign with lakers or sign with clips. don't listen to his words. he is a showing boy. where can he be on big stage? LA.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Great point, it's not like the NBA star with the most visible endorsements plays in Oklahoma City.

Oh, wait... that's right. You mean to tell me these guys can travel to LA and do commercials on their own time? Even live there for four months during the offseason, and still get the same endorsement benefit? What a concept!!! I'm sure Dwight has no idea of this.

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

How exactly would the Clippers be able to sign Howard?

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Some times the best deal you make is the deal you don't make. I guess you try to get him but I wouldn't be disappointed if we don't get him.

20.5M is a lot for one player that might turn out to be Stat, Rashard Lewis or Agent Zero.

I was watching Tim Duncan and that dude is aging like fine wine, even at his advanced age he keeps getting better. He's making his FTs and has better range on his jumper than he ever did. I don't see that in Howard, he's peaked imo and relying on athleticism gets you so far, you have to develop other aspects of your game when you get older.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So basically, you're saying that Dwight Howard and the Clippers will circumvent NBA salary cap rules, as well as the CBA. Either that, or he will literally take a $20m/year paycut to be on the "big stage". Sounds good.

10. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'd be happy with any major signing that makes the team better, but Howard has already peaked, has a questionable back, is a high maintenance man-child and I'm not a fan of his game or lack of a work ethic.

11. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Clippers can dump deandre and Caron butler to some team desperate for players and not pick up Willie greens contract either. Dwight would have to take a bit less money too, but he would only do this move if he's serious about winning...which he probably isn't.

Also, Dwight seems to enjoy playing in front of the celebrities at lakers games so he wouldn't get that with clippers. Plus, his home games would always serve as a reminder he isn't on the lakers anymore when he looks up at the 16 championship banners that don't say clippers.

That said, clippers with Dwight Howard and current core would be a pretty good team. George Karl would be stepping into a good job.

12. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Or we can pick up Dwight this offseason after moving White and TRob and then trade Lin + Asik for Lebron James. Fire McHale and have Popovich come coach our team. Tim Duncan wants to be w/ Pop so much, he then signs with us next yr (after briefly retiring) to the vet min.

Whoah, this game is fun!

13. samoy

samoy Member

no i wouldnt be disappointed. he can be a head case, a heart breaker, and a pain to deal with as much as most would love to have him.

14. harden man

harden man Member

couldnt chris paul sign with the Lakers?

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I would love if he stayed over there. He would suffer so much.

16. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I'll be happy both ways. Of course I want him on the Rockets but if he goes back to the Lakers, they'll have another crappy season which I would love to see.

17. GCWTexans

GCWTexans Member

I would be ecstatic if DH stayed in LA. First, Omer Asik is a hard worker and great contributor for the team. He showed signs of progress on the offensive side of the ball. Asik continues to be an outstanding rebounder. I wouldn't want to see DH's lousy attitude mixing with the up and developing Rockets. Keep DH in LA LA land so that he can continue to sabotage their playoff hopes.

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No, I won't be disappointed.

19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Honestly, the chances of me being able to watch them on TV next year is so slim that it probably won't matter who they sign or don't

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hey, for what is worth...
    We still got the LESSER HOWARD!