1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Ym lose starter position?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivan_zhang, Mar 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivan_zhang

ivan_zhang Member

I do not know why Ym tried 10 shots in 15 minutes.
    (2 changed into free throw).

If he worried his position, he could not play well.

2. ewfd

ewfd Member

3. Trickdaddy1319

No because Larry doesn't want to get reamed by the fans and the press. He doesn't want to be overtly seen as "changing" rudy's system.

4. dischead

dischead Member

No way Cato will start, But coach Smith might cut Yao's minutes right back like he did today!

Maybe cut him back to 20 - 25 mins a game from herfe in cause hes in love with cato.

5. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Too late...his ass is over-reamed. :D and that's the problem with the houston coaches. They think the system they got is working and that it's not because of the system that the team is sucking...it's the "youth of the team." After all, we are the "2nd youngest team in the league" :rolleyes: How much longer will we continue to use that excuse?

I'm not saying I agree about benching Yao in favor of cato. I was just saying how our coaches are scared to make any changes...even small subtle changes, much less huge changes.

No new coaching staff = same boring team that has no future.

6. ivan_zhang

ivan_zhang Member

Ym will not get more minutes if he doesn't play well.
    Ym will not play well if he does worry anout his minutes.
    That is the Catch 22.

Maybe trade Ym is a good idea to both sides.

7. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I would only say trade Yao if its to a team where we know we can get real quality back. With his salary and the possible salary dumps we can look at the Memphis Grizzlies as the best option. They have a pf who makes about the same as Yao as well as other talented options.

Houston can use Yao as bait and trade him along with MoT for

Shane Battier (9.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.1 minutes)
    Mike Miller (15.8 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.6 apg in 34.9 minutes)
    Pau Gasol (19.0 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.7 apg in 35.6 minutes)
    Stromile Swift (9.4 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 21.7 minutes

We get rid of Mo's Salary and get some real quality players back, including afuture all star in Gasol and legitmate starter in miller and battier. Memphis does this cuz they get will Yao. The Yao fan's happy cause hubby brown is a tough strict coach who will help Yao's developement. But this only me playing fantasy gm, NBA Live will make u pull way too many trades :)

8. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Yao should be sitting when he's not playing well.
    You dont want to keep him in there just because he's Yao.
    Everyone has their off nights. I do believe Yao is going to come around.

Its probably good that he gets some extra rest so that we can finish hard down the stretch and into the playoffs.

I dont believe he will lose his starting postition.

But we should let someone else (Griffin) tip off.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.