1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Yao be voted into the All Star game this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 15, 2009.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

ppl saying he won't be on the ballot, how do you know that?

2. misterNguyen

misterNguyen Member

I choked on my rice and bok choi when I saw this.

3. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Yao WILL be voted to the All-Star game. He wasn't that great his rookie season and still had the most votes. Plus there's history of injured players making it to the All-Star game :)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nba/stories/2001-01-27-allstars.htm

Injured Mourning, Hill make All-Star team

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK — Miami's Alonzo Mourning has been sidelined all season and Orlando's Grant Hill has played in only four games, yet their reputations helped them make the Eastern Conference team for the 50th NBA All-Star game. Mourning, out with a kidney ailment, received 917,866 votes at center, and Hill, on the disabled list with a broken left ankle, collected 904,885 votes at forward in the fan balloting announced Saturday. It was the sixth time both Mourning and Hill were selected to the team. Toronto's Vince Carter, the NBA's fourth-leading scorer with a 28.4 average going into Saturday's games, led the voting for the second straight year. Carter received 1,717,687 votes out of the more than 4.8 million ballots cast. "It's an honor that people appreciate the way I play," Carter said. "For me to lead in voting, still sometimes I have to pinch myself."

4. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

The NBA should not put him in the list. They know He is injured so its a foregone conclusion that He would not play in the game.

5. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

would Yao be in the Ballot?

6. dragonz

dragonz Member

ye, we would
    LOL

7. Garner

Garner Member

haha, he takes 4 strides and he is down the court. It still amazes me, after all of these years.

8. Garner

Garner Member

the days of Mourning and G. Hill reminds me of collecting bball cards.

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Amare will win the All-star position, if he slides back to C.

Greg Oden or Tyson Chandler, if Amare stays at PF.

Or...

Since David Andersen is Yao's replacement, China will vote for him instead of Yao. :cool:

10. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

I dont think he should even be on the Ballot, but I wouldn't have a problem with it if the fans voted him in. Yao has a lot of fans that love him and respect him, and after all, its still just as all star game.

11. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

True, Why put a player that as early as now is going to miss the entire season? Even the most encouraging rumor/ news that He could come back by March would not fall during All-Star weekend. If the NBA puts him in the ballot and He still wins, the league will just replace him so what for putting him in the ballot in the first place.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't know it, but that seems the most likely scenario. I think it was embarassing for the league in the past to have players who were injured all year get voted in. I think in those cases, they may have allowed there was a chance the players would come back from injuries earlier than they did. They know Yao will not. Yao being voted in would be especially embarassing because it would reveal a racial bias in voting. So, I think they'll avoid it by dropping his name.