1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Yao be voted into the All Star game this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 15, 2009.

1. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

How is this a valid discussion when the obvious answer is yes. Yao is a popular player in the NBA plus with his cultural background injured or not its obvious he is going to get millions of votes from China. Then he is going to get some votes here in the United States.

The only person I can see having a problem with this is Barkley from last time when he thought Camby should have been starting. Like I said the fans vote so its obvious Yao will be selected but won't play.

Even though he didn't make it look at McGrady for example. The guy barely played. It took I believe the last 2 hrs and Chris Paul passed him. Why was McGrady even that close to making the team when he didn't even play.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Didn't that happen with Carmelo or someone else last year? I can't remember exactly who but I'm sure Melo was involved.

3. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

You realize that the NBA picks a pool of players for voting in the all star game right? And you must also realize that the NBA won't put players who have not played a single game so far that season. I digress, don't let things like facts and rules get in the way of you making amazingly insightful threads.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You should realize to do your research before you start talking about facts like you know what you are talking about. As recently as last year, the NBA put Gilbert Arenas on the All-Star ballot and he didn't even play a minute until March 28. Arenas got over 600 thousand votes. I digress, don't let things like doing research get in the way of you making amazingly insightful posts.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lol no, who cares Yao is a more efficient player than flashy.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm thinking Amare takes it since Shaq is gone and if he remains a Sun he'll slide back to the center postion.

7. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

im guessing he does...which will make the nba upset but i would rather see brooks or scola in an all start uniform.

8. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

He will be voted in as a write-in.

BOOK IT.

(Unless Stern sabotages it like he did with Iverson over McGrady a couple of years back.)

9. the1option

the1option Member

I really dont think it matters. He probably will, he cant play, so an alternate will make it, so basically anyone who votes for yao is burning a vote..

And also, i understand its a great "honor" to be in the allstar game. But its notlike baseball where you win homefeild or something... itas just stars having fun at the break of the season. Its not even that important

10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Yao has been elected All-Star for life since his first all-star games.

I can't believe how many noobs don't know this.

11. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whats wrong with this question its actually a good one. So many negative people on this board I wish we could clean that up. I think Yao should not even be on the ballot if he is out for the season because its just not fair to other players who are playing hard. If Yao is on the ballot you might as well count him in. Knowing Yao he will ask to not be voted in or on the ballot.

12. Yaozza

Yaozza Member

I love Yao but if he dosen't play next year his name should not be on the ballot.

13. damienh28

damienh28 Member

Tracy is are leader
    Tracy is my favorite
    Tracy is the 2010 MIP and MVP
    Tracy Is the Best

He is going to return to do damage with whatever team he go to

As far as Awesome Aussie he will helop Tracy Lead us to Championship

Blame Yao who go down when we need him

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't make a difference. Even if he is voted in he won't play and someone else will take his spot.

THe NBA is a global game, and if Yao's fans want to vote him in, then that's their choice.

15. the1option

the1option Member

It's usually good to read something before u post it so u dont mix up our with are

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

He won't be on the ballot... Why would he?

17. Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob Member

He won't be on the ballot.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I can't imagine that the big guy would be, but stranger things have happened.

19. blackistan

blackistan Member

It doesn't matter it's not like he's going to play anyway

20. AXG

AXG Member

IIRC in 2001, Grant Hill and Alonzo Mourning were voted in as All-Stars even though they had been injured all season.