1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will this be the end of Election Deniers/ Maga?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Nov 9, 2022.

?

End of Maga

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    93.0%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

With Oz and Lake looking like they will lose will this be the end of the Maga? I think Trump will help in the primary, but hurts in. the general elections.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. By nature election deniers will continue to deny. We’re already seeing Mastriano denying his loss and while there still are votes counted it sounds Kari Lake is still going on about voter fraud and if things hold and she loses she’s not going to concede.

This is now a matter of faith among the MAGA crowd and as such actual results have less to do with than belief. I can’t prove that fraud happened but I KNOW IT HAPPENED!

While they are likely to lose more elections that these are the most active and energized part of the Republican base they aren’t going to go away for awhile.

Nook, fchowd0311 and VooDooPope like this.
  3. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Oz lost but Lake in Arizona is gaining, and you won’t know the results until Friday. Freaking Arizona has 2 years to get their acts together and they still failed.

Corrosion likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

the only way MAGA will officially go away is if what’s left of the GOP works to push them away, but they’re cowards, so they won’t

see how people talked about Trump in the 2016 primaries, and then how quickly they fell in line and pledged absolute fealty once he won…look at how quickly people like Ted Cruz and Lady G switched up

look at how all-in they are in election denial even after getting b*tch slapped in court over 60 times, and spreading baseless conspiracies

MAGA is a parasite that has taken over the host…the GOP is now MAGA, so the GOP would essentially have to destroy itself in order to get rid of the infestation

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's not the end. But it's a clear indicator that it's on the way out.

This result will embolden and empower moderates.

The 2024 GOP primaries could be absolutely epic.

Xopher and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It’s a two party system and the maga brand of crazy still votes…and they certainly aren’t going to the antifa libtard side.

VooDooPope likes this.
  7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I don't think it'll be the end personally. If anything, it'll be a name change with the core MAGA philosophies of win at all cost less out in the fore front. It's not like MAGA just showed up in 2015. A lot of the tracks had already been laid out for MAGA to come into the political forefront smoke blazing with a lot of TEA party members switching to a Trump backed party.

They'll merely jump ship to the next politically expedient movement. If anything, there might be a surface level brand change with the core MAGA tenants still deeply rooted in the party.

VooDooPope and Xerobull like this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's still the primary system that keeps MAGA in power. That's a big reason why I just keep banging my head when someone tries to bring up the "both sides have extremes" argument. Democrats have no problem with this with even the progressives, and the Bernie wing.

In all of these key races you always see the Dem candidate fit the mold of what the electorates voters typically represent.

So no I don't think MAGA is going away because culturally with their core voters, it's a culturally identity that is incredibly widespread. They aren't going to change, and they'll continue to have extremist candidates run. I think it's still a problem as long as Trump is out there, and as long as FoxNews continues to radicalize their base.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm leaving Texas and I'm taking the Astros with me.

I GOT HOUSTON!!! I GOT HOUSTON!!!

JeeberD and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I think this puts a dent into MAGA but they wont go away, even my trump family members want him to step aside and let Desantis take over........I so hope trump announces next week that he will run, he has to much ego to back down, trump could possibly be the undoing of the gop in 2024.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think it will be. The GOP has to be freaking out.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think Desantis wants to be the new face of MAGA. In his victory speech last night, he went on and on about woke and more woke. Woke woke woke. This definitely appeals to the extremists in the Republican Party. But I think most of America is tired of woke this and defund that. You hear very few democratic politicians ever talk about woke or defund anything. But, MAGA Republicans are addicted to this type of talk.

Political ads have become just lies and half truths, and most Americans are just tired of it.

Republicans need to move on from the MAGA candidates. They need to move on from the election deniers. Most Americans can see that elections are fair, so when republican losers claim corruption, people just see it as sour grapes.

What hurts the Republicans going forward are the extreme right radio, bloggers, and TV networks that profit off MAGA and conspiracy theories. It’s going to be hard for Republicans to move away from MAGA even if they want to.

If Trump runs in 2024, then MAGA stays alive. I just think most of America is ready to move on, so I see defeat for the Republicans. Is Desantis really going to go to war against Trump using the MAGA playbook? Oh, this could get messy.

fchowd0311 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is a great point. Right wing media won’t get views if they’re just reporting the cut taxes for the rich and increase defense spending GOP actual platform. It’s always been faux outrage about “THEM” that drives their ratings.

The people want ideas and solutions. Not insipid all of the problems are because of libtards and if we just vote them out rapists will no longer rape and guns will magically only be used by good guys.

ima_drummer2k and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It looks like the end of Trump. National elections are about turnout and persuading the very few independents and Trump turned the independents against people he endorsed

Election denying took on a life of it's own. Hopefully its dead but time will tell

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yo calling posters like ATW extremists?

Ya actually that makes sense.

16. Major

Major Member

It's the end of MAGA ... until Tuesday, when Trump plans to announce his Presidential run. MAGA only dies if he changes his mind - and really, it just takes a new form. It will not be Trump-focused, but it will still be there, likely with DeSantis (and maybe Kari Lake) taking up the mantle.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The longer Trump is alive, the stronger MAGA will become. The only way it may have a chance to go away is if Trump passes and there is no one to assume the mantle. Then Republicans can go back to their normal positions without fear of Trump

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

MAGA is the same group as the tea party for the most part, after Trump they will be known by another name, they are not going away.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's the old saying? You don't pay the prostitute for the sex, you pay them to leave when you're done?

Republicans picked up a street walker for a dirty quickie with Trump, now they can't get the ho to leave.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It will continue to hang around for a few more years....and eventually will die off.

DD

Rocket River likes this.