1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Rockets use the Amnesty Rule on Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hottoddie, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well I wish somebody else would have postd this so I wouldn't have to, but

I hope we sign Matt Bonner, so that we can have a Head and Bonner back court.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Simple Question
    WILL JHOW be 100% this year

the heart thing scares me
    for him and for the team

Rocket River

3. Genuine

Genuine Member

Is Walter McCarty still a FA? I always liked him. Cut Howard, sign McCarty or maybe somehow Reggie Evans or Darius Songolia, or even Brian Grant? Hold on to the expirings or 2 year contracts for trades, and whatever we don't trade we get cap room anyway.
    just an idea

4. Genuine

Genuine Member

I hope he isn't playing in our backcourt.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

nothing to do with the post but rather your sig. i think jvg has been one of the better "gms" we've had.

6. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

mooch or Baker... neither has any trade value (even as expiring contracts) - they are dead weight and Glvoer and Baxter would be better guys to put in spots 13 and 14 (I reserve spot 15 for Ward !)

7. munco

munco Member

No way is he getting cut. Until he went down last year he was our 3rd best player and 32 is not that old. He should have several productive years left assuming his heart will be fine.

Regarding McCarty he's not a bad player but he doesn't have much of a low post game/presence. He can nail the three, but I don't know if we need that out of our 4 spot.

8. CoPilot

CoPilot Member

In one word ....NO

9. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Matt is a RFA - so Tdot will surely match since all we can offer him is the BAE starting from 1.67M. We more than likely cannot sign either Darius or Reggie either for the same reasons.

PS. Vitali Potapenko just agreed today to return to the Sonics.

The only other free agent on that list that can be of good value to us (much as Juwan did for us last season) is Othella. But it is likely we are out of his range since all we can offer is the 1.67 exception. I am sure he could get better than that in the open market unless he decides to give us the "home town discount" but Rudy, his beloved coach who drafted him, is not here anymore.

I'll say keep Juwan and if he had to retire for medical reason, we will be even in better shape (I pray he stays healthy) and if he can still play & contribute anything close to what he gave us in his first year here, then we will be in better shape with him than any of those listed "options".

10. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

I think Bonner is spelled with only one 'n'.

11. omax

omax Member

Jeez. McCarty sucks. You really want him?

12. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Thank you micah1j.