1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will The Rockets End Up Worse?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Visagial, Jul 10, 2014.

?

Will the Rockets get better or worse this offseason?

1. Better

121 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Worse

184 vote(s)
    60.3%
  1. calcium

calcium Member

I thought one reason why Asik is going is cos he asked to leave?

And if we keep him, he might repeat the "I'm sulking and am not playing\
    cos I'm injured" stunt.

If not for the above, it'd be silly to trade him, cos the cover he provides.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

no.

if lebron chooses miami and bosh follows, we can still just match parsons, spend the MLE and BAE on a bench, and probably be better than last year.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

As it is, IMHO parsons was just making Harden more immature. I think Harden would come out better and stronger plus, Parsons stopped playing defense.

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

"still not traded, hmm"

[​IMG]

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I'm beginning to think Sam Hinkie is the real "genius" behind our great moves in the past. The way he's been operating in Philadelphia, and the way Morey has miscalculated on Parsons.

I also don't think we ought to be held captive by Bosh.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Like cough dow nuts says, we are not making smaller moves. We are just being star strucked as usual and missing out on all the little pieces. Morey doesn't believe in good role players just superstars then fill the roster with trash.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At worst . .. . . I see them being big movers or trying to be
    at the Trade deadline

Rocket River

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

You guys giving Morey the benefit of the doubt are idiots. Nobody knows what will happen. But there are a few red flags. Why exactly hasn't the Asik trade went through? Why hasn't Lin been traded yet? If you think having both or one of them on the team is good, you are a beyond stupid. Morey chose to swing for the fences, if he strikes out it'll be disastrous for us.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I was considering the team on the floor, not Les's wallet.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Our Rockets will still be serious contenders for years to come not matter what transpires this off season.

Go Rockets!!

11. Remii

Remii Member

GM's and or agents maybe colluding together against Morey. Parsons gets a poison pill type contract and New Orleans are taking their time with trading for Asik. A lot of agents don't like the way Morey operates. I wouldn't be surprised if Parsons agent had a hand in helping Cuban structure that contract.

But as long as the Rockets have Harden and Howard it's not disastrous.

12. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Losing Asik and Lin for nothing will hurt a lot more than people realize. Asik was the defensive anchor that reduces defensive burden off of Howard, yea even though he pouted in half of the games Asik was very important against the Portland series. Lin, even though is going to be overpaid, was still a very strong scoring option. He was a big contributor for the back to back wins against Spurs and Mavs while Harden was out and provided really good stats. If we give them up for nothing, the bench will be even weaker and Mchale would have even more limited options in the game.

If Morey is unable to attract any big FAs this season, he shouldnt completely overhaul last year's roster because chemistry is already developed. The exact same roster WILL do better than last year solely because of that.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We will end up better but probably not as much as we could have improved.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I have no idea what will happen, but as of right now (10:50 CST 7/11/14) I think we'll get Bosh. So, we'll be better.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I hope your right. Seemingly, it is up to Lebron's timing, unless Bosh gets gutsy and decides to leave while Lebron is still undecided (doubtful).

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

This is all fascinating. I hope that some day in the future, Morey will disclose to us the truth about how it all went down - what their conversations with Bosh were like -- what agreements they reached, and the conditions for them.

The possibility that we can be left with neither Bosh nor Parsons is tangible now. As is the possibility we could land both.

So, my guess is that, as of Sunday night, if there still has been no decision yet, and if Bosh is still giving us a strong indication that he is with us, that we let Parsons go. That contract will tie our hands so far as improving in the future goes. We cannot do that because that team would still not be good enough to win a title. So, we let him go, make the trade with Philly for Lin and give KJ McDaniels every chance to become a rookie starter at the 3, just like Parsons was. If we get Bosh, it can work. If we dont then we may be worse than last season, but will still have the chance to load up again in 2015. This is what declining Parsons does, it keeps our options open for something better in a year.

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

This is a course Morey could choose. Not one he wants to though. Parsons is NOT a max guy. And I agree that if we sign him without Bosh or some other super star in hand, we tie our hands in getting significantly better for some time to come. This concerns me, for as constructed, I don't see us as finals favorites. Perhaps not contenders even. Yet, if Morey does as you allude, this coming year will field an inferior team compared to last year (No Lin, Asik, Parsons) and will be gambling on future luck to progress later. Getting someone like Deng will ease the pain some.

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Obviously it depends on what happens within the next 2 days. IMO, if Bosh signs with Houston, you have to match for Parsons because (if i'm not mistaken) there won't be enough remaining to sign a vet FA outright, and for continuity purposes.

If Bosh doesn't sign, I think you have to let Parsons walk. Use the money that's available to go after some vets at SF (Ariza/Deng/Stephenson). All would be improvements on the defensive end, and likely to be very similar in offensive production.

19. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Might have to change our votes . . . !!!

20. HardLin

HardLin Member

I waited until this moment to vote... Looks like it's "better" :)