1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the first LAC @ DAL game have a more hostile environment than LeBron's first MIA @ CLE game?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 10, 2015.

?

Which game will have a more hostile environment?

1. LAC @ DAL: The Dallas fans will be giving DeAndre NO southern hospitality!

52.1%
  2. MIA @ CLE: Nothing will warrant more hostility than turning your back on your own city.

47.9%
  1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

DeAndre Jordan has to be the most hated man in Dallas right now. He made Dwight look decisive, lol!

It would be entertaining to see Carlisle put in some bench warmer to give DJ the fade. I'm sure the crowd would love it.

Which game will have a more hostile environment? DJ's first LAC @ DAL or LeBron's first MIA @ CLE?

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Lebron meant/means infinitely more to Cleveland than what DJ does to Dallas. Nothing will top MIA @ CLE.

In truth it will be about the same as Dwight's first few games @ LA as a Rocket

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

LerBon brought not 1, but 2 championships to Miami. I'm sure their fans at least appreciate that.

4. malakas

malakas Member

I think it will be worse than Mia- Cle because of how it went down. Fans will have prepared a warm welcoe for Dj. I'm definitely gonna watch.
    Maybe it will be on Christmas day :)

5. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Not even a question.. It's lebron to cleveland. He was from there, played there for years, and left by embarrassing the whole city in a tv special.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

DJ may break the single game FT attempt record...

The sad part about the state of today's NBA is what it's doing to players like DJ. No offense to the dude, but put him in the late 80's/early 90's NBA and he'd be getting his lunch handed to him day in and day out. Hakeem, Ewing, DRob, Shaq, Mourning... heck even Rick Smits, Vlade, Brad Daugherty...

Guys have a tendency to forget how good someone like a Daugherty was. At his peak, 22 ppg, 11 rpg, 3+ apg, 1 spg, 0.7 bpg...

If you asked even a knowledgeable fan about the best centers of the 90's, they probably have to think hard to remember a guy like Daugherty... because centers were just so good.

Meanwhile, we've got all this fuss about DJ, who had a BREAKOUT season last year, averaging 12 points a game. Wait, wait you say... he's a great rebounder and a really really good defender! Well, yeah, that's true... but I'd argue the marginal difference between 10 and 15 rebounds per game isn't that meaningful IF you have solid team rebounders. He protects the paint well, which is a nice to have... though we are now 3+ years into an era where the best teams seem to win more by going small/versatile. You have to take DJ out of games... it's ridiculous.

I'm tired of hearing his name

1 person likes this.
  7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm going to say Clippers vs Mavs because like always Chandler Parsons does not know how to keep his mouth shut, he is already calling Jordan a coward. The clips will likely do their best to destroy Dallas in Dallas and I hope to be there with popcorn. As far as Miami Wade and James vacation together and Miami will start to appreciate Lebron for the things he has done for them.

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i agree but the way DJ's situation went down was much worse.

at least lebron told everyone when he would make his decision and even raised money for the boys & girls club of america at the same time!

DJ teased dallas like crazy and gave them major blue balls.

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

At least in Cleveland people still liked/wanted Lebron. Dallas fans don't have that same conflicted view - DJ basically screwed them and didn't add anything to the franchise at all. Those Dallas conservatives can be straight up angry people if you mess with their latte let alone their Mavs.

1 person likes this.
  10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It would be great if they fouled him on the tip just to give him a few more minutes of the opening game boos.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Only if Captain Jackass is playing for the Mavs, can this be a hostile game.:grin:

Parsons is tame as a lamb.:)

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_TN9gCTSOOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kg1swI2Z1Hk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How on earth could you say that the acrimony for DeAndre will be worse in Dallas "because of how it went down"?

LeBron HUMILIATED his home town with an hour-long television special to tell the world he was going to Miami and then held that huge rally in Florida the next day.

The reach of a national live television special on ESPN > Twitter and emojis.

14. malakas

malakas Member

yes and DJ fcked up Dallas without even playing one game for them and condemend in the treadmill. He renegated a promise 12 hours after the moratorium was over and when no good fa were left.

Cuban is going to put Zaza to work. :grin:

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Two great things about these clips -
    - After Lebron's boos, the crowd goes wild for Illgauskas.
    - Beverly, Parsons, and Howard joining into the "Howard sucks" chants after Dwight just destroyed them.

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That's my point - DJ hadn't grown on Dallas fans yet so it's much easier to make him the enemy. When Lebron came back, there was still many people wearing Lebron jerseys in the stands.

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but LBJ and D-Ho didn't verbally commit tying up cap space then change their mind in the 11th hour.

Mavs got ****ed. That's about it.

18. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Lebron meant so much to Cleveland. Night & Day difference between 'Bron & DJ.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

LeB's situation was infinitely worse.

- Homegrown talent that's been in Ohio for 100% of his life suddenly spurns the location for a flashier location
    - Plays with two other all-stars
    - Was / Is the best basketball player in the world.

Doesn't get any worse than that.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Idk man DJ's stunt seemed a lot worse to me. Obviously I hate the Mavs but had Lebron left Cleveland the same way by ****ing them over like DJ did to the Mavs it would have been way worse for LeBron.

Most of us hate the Mavs myself included so I just think it's hilarious but what DJ did was really bad.